Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Jersey – where do folks ride?
  • camster
    Free Member

Other than darkside riding, are there a few trails cheeky or not in Jersey? I know there are a few coastal paths especially on the North of the island and perhaps around Portelet area nr St Aubin.

I live in the midlands but have relatives there so we tend to get over at least once a year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

lubemaster
    Free Member

There's plenty of places, you have all the cliff paths which take up the north of the island. There is also the woods at Greve de lecq which is used annually for our mountain bike festival, my favourite. Also there is St Peter's Valley which has some decent tracks in it.

Give us a shout next time you come over and we'll take you for a spin

camster
    Free Member

cheers lubemaster, will do when next over likely to be the summer. When is the bike festival, I have heard about before?

I've seen some woods when riding on the roads around St Peter and I recall some woods near where the hill climb is but that's more St John's IIRC.

Are there a few over there that do night rides. I've brought my lights over a few times and enjoy explaining to airport security that it's not a bomb!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lubemaster
    Free Member

The place near where they do the hill climb is Bouley Bay this links to the cliff paths but in the woods some folk have made some jumps and there's a few good sections in there.

I'm sure there are a few that do night rides but might be a tad too dangerous on some sections of the cliff paths but the woods would be fun. Done one a few weeks ago in the fog through the woods and that was really surreal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Jersey – where do folks ride?’ is closed to new replies.