Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Jenson USA – any issues with ordering from UK?
  • andygreener

Would like to order something from Jenson.

Any problems with doing so? Customs issues?
    Thanks

deadkenny
    Free Member

Never ordered from them, but international shipping explained here

http://www.jensonusa.com/help_desk/international

You’ll be responsible for customs fees. Sounds like they use UPS, but any courier they use will be guaranteed hit for VAT & duty (where applicable) as they usually do the customs fee assessments themselves and hit you with a fee on the door or billed some time later. If something was send via plain old USPS then it would likely come into the UK via RoyalMail and that’s subject to random checks at Mount Pleasant etc and might be lucky it doesn’t get hit.

milky1980
    Free Member

Ordered a few things from them over the years and managed to dodge import duty each time. Ordered other stuff from the US and only once had duty charged. Seems to be pure luck!

househusband

IIRC I’ve ordered from them a couple of times over the years and been caught for duty both times; I don’t mind paying that – but I do find the far-from-reasonable ‘admin’ fee charged by Border Farce objectionable.

scaredypants

I’ve been billed for import duty every time but the delivery comes before the bill so it’s not waiting around for weeks like the royal mail version

TheFlyingOx

I got a dropper seatpost from them. Arrived quick and I had no duty to pay. I think the cut-off is around the £130 mark.

legend
    Free Member

I think the cut-off is around the £130 mark.

I thought it was much lower? £16 is the figure I have in my head

Matt24k
    Free Member

There is VAT on items over £16 and may be Duty on items over £135. I believe cycles and parts attract 10% duty.
    This may help HMRC LINK
    It is a bit of a lottery but the chances of getting away with it seem to be smaller than they used to.

tomhoward

Used them once, had a slight issue as they had listed the item as ‘handlebars’, so VAT was applied, rather than the correct ‘helmet’ that shouldn’t have, so I had to pay it then claim it back but other than that, fine.

Even if I hadn’t claimed the VAT back, they were cheaper than anywhere here (Troy Lee D3 Carbon)

honourablegeorge

They may ask you to fax/email them ID to prove your identity for the first order

I use them occasionally, but not usually that cheap.

granny_ring

Bike parts used to be 4 or 5% duty + postage costs + VAT on total + Parcel Force fee £10-15 I think.

oink1
    Free Member

Handling fee Robbing **** 👿

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oink1 – Member
    Handling fee Robbing ****

In that case make the arrangements and payments yourself, see how long it takes you.

dannyfag
    Free Member

I ordered a jersey and shorts once and didn`t pay any tax or shipping. I did buy a frame off ebay from Usa 2 years back and we lowered the value, so i did pay an import tax and delivery of $80 on an item the seller listed on the parcel at about £600.

Im not sure on anything larger that you will really get any good deals, if you get the tax and bad exchange rate at the mo. I went to Usa last month and really wanted a Santa cruz hightower, ended up getting the same deal here in the Uk in the end.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Jenson USA – any issues with ordering from UK?’ is closed to new replies.