Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Jenkin Crag & Garburn Sunday ride pics
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A misty day:
    click pic for more

Gary_C

Nice photos there,Simon.

I see Fizzer makes the front page again…..he'll be wanting image rights before long!!

😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

he'll be wanting image rights before long!!

it's OK, he knows his place 🙂

boxelder

Nicer on Saturday – I sat in short sleeves soaking up warm sunshine at the top of Garburn for 10 mins. Not been that way for too long – seems to have been surfaced, as it's all rideable given a bit of oomph luck on loose bits. Lower bit below the Dubbs road is badly washed out though.
    Icy boulders on the drop to Kentmere ensured concentration!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

seems to have been surfaced

the Troutbeck side was sanitised about 7 years ago, but most of the work has now washed away. Around the same time, parts of the Kentmere side were 'paved' with big rocks, making it much more exciting to ride, and these appear to be stable, though a tricky section near the top was subsequently smoothed out.

scuttler

Flippin love Garburn me.

Just about rideable (for me) up from Dubbs and the descent to Kentmere's first class. Oh and then there's cake and beer at Staveley to finish.

scuttler

duplicate

zangolin
    Free Member

Ambleside, Jenkin, Garburn, Kentmere, Windermere Ferry, Wray Castle then back to Ambleside – classic route from back in the day. First rode it in 1986 on my Conquest non of this poofy suspension or indexed gears malarky – just proper bikes you could fix with a hammer + a bit of string.

Must go + ride it on my 7" full susser!

lowey

Stunning 1st Shot Simon!! Stunning.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

After Garburn we rode up Kentmere Hall (and scones at Maggs Howe) and over Mickle Moss and High Borrans to go back up past Dubbs and down the lower (heavily scoured) section of Garburn to The Howe, before returning over Skelghyll. Sadly my Garmin crapped out and lost the whole track 🙁

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Garburn pass and walna scar at coniston are my "default" rides when we go to the lakes.Never fail to put a smile on my face.

fizzer
    Free Member

"it's OK, he knows his place"

Yeah off the front normally ha ha

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yeah off the front normally ha ha

your day too will pass :o)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Jenkin Crag & Garburn Sunday ride pics’ is closed to new replies.