Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Jeb Corliss's front flip from all angles
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Some stills in there that must make him think he’s a lucky guy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LEFCQRwj28w#![/video]

If this has been put on before sorry, did a search.

wrightyson
    Free Member

😯 😯 😯

It has been posted before but the link was removed from you tube!! One lucky lucky boy, could’ve done with some 661 shin pads me thinks!!!

toys19
    Free Member

I was under the impression that what broke his legs was the landing with a barely open parachute and not the cliff contact.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

An ex was at one time really into parachuting.

Her experience was that many of those into these sports just didn’t value their lives….that video does nothing to dispell that for me!

D0NK

Sorry I know I shouldn’t but

I used to wingsuit like you, till I took a table mountain? to the knee

chuckles

willard

I genuinely thought the bobbing black ballon in that clip was his helmet coming off.

Mentalist.

I’d still ike to have a go at that, just not on such an unforgiving landing surface. Maybe cushions. Or marshmallows.

SiB
    Free Member

I find it hard to sympathise with extreme sporters as they know the risks and the burden they will put on services shuold anything go wrong. And yes, huge difference between flying through the air inches from the ground than hurtling down a hill on two wheels.

Would love to try it though. And although I dont sympathise I would never want anybody to come to any harm whilst pursuing their adrenalin rush.

D0NK

And yes, huge difference between flying through the air inches from the ground than hurtling down a hill on two wheels

Careful now, people who’s idea of sport is being armchair football manager twice a week would consider hurtling downhill as an extreme sport.

willard

Let’s be honest, there are some people in the world that consider darts a sport.

SiB
    Free Member

Careful now, people who’s idea of sport is being armchair football manager twice a week would consider hurtling downhill as an extreme sport

True!! Its just not natural to be hurtling through the air without your own set of natural wings ie birds!! But yes, folk will argue that wheels arent natural either!

emac65
    Free Member

Another video of it here,reading the text it appear the locals weren’t too happy with him…….
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/africa-emerges/base-jumper-jeb-corliss-cashes-mountain-video

TheFlyingOx

Let’s be honest, there are some people in the world that consider darts a sport.

And so they should. Thoroughbreds of the human race, Dartists are. Finely-honed athletes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

emac – duff link.

I have no issue laughing at someone breaking their legs doing that.

SiB
    Free Member

When I first played darts for a few hours my arm muscle ached the next day…….surely that makes it a sport!!???

I can see a few posts are now going to refer to hand to gland combat and sore muscles and how thats not a sport

guitarhero
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Wow, his parachute wasn’t open for very long was it!

martinhutch

2:07

Extreme planking.

D0NK

FTFY emac

wwaswas

looks a bit stingy

bit of Germolene, let it breathe for a bit and he’ll be right as rain.

emac65
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    emac – duff link.

Sorted….

But too slow,lol

therealhoops
    Free Member

there’s some localised chaffing and hairstretch that will smart for a bit

oooff

wrecker
    Free Member

The Cape Times obtained information from hospital worker, Michelle Norris, who said Corliss is smiling through the injury claiming, “I feel better than I’ve ever felt.”

😯
    I’m thinking he may have some issues.

DezB
    Free Member

He’d have worse issues if the rocks had connected around 60-70cm higher… think of the time difference there.. ooooo. 😯

billysugger
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Wow, his parachute wasn’t open for very long was it!

I thought he was very unlucky to get it twisted after all that but then I suppose you make your own luck choosing somewhere like that to try wingsuit flying. Such a small margin for error from a mountain of that shape.

Extreme planking :mrgreen:

sobriety
    Free Member

I’m thinking he may have some issues

I seem to recall reading something about him taking up base jumping as he was depressed to the point of being suicidal and it was the only thing that made him feel remotely alive, so yes ‘some’ issues…

GrahamS

Gruesome pictures etc on his facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/jeb.corliss

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Jeb Corliss's front flip from all angles’ is closed to new replies.