Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Jeans
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Where’s a good place (best value) to buy them these days?

I’m usually a Levis person, but open to other suggestions.

wwaswas

Howies are good and seem to be shaped for cyclists thighs and bums.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Gap outlet sale

jamesfts
    Free Member

Howies.

mefty
    Free Member

T K Maxx

wrecker
    Free Member

Search for Edwin ED47 and Lee 101z. Buy wherever is cheapest.

mikey74
    Free Member

Howies are out as they have a button fly.

matt_outandabout

Fat Face sale.
    Good value? My Patagonia jeans outlast all others (including Howies) and are really nice fabric and cut (and uber organic etc) – last two pairs were £50 in sales.

footflaps

Howies are also very over priced for what they are.

lunge

TK Maxx, I like a Levi 511 and they often have then in on the cheap.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Uniqlo – but the pocket materials is thin, thin thin.

Howies.

Hiut.

hora
    Free Member

If you are near Manchester? I went to the Flannels outlet in the Lowry centre last week and bought a pair of Replay jeans for £38. Easily equal to two pairs of Gap jeans.

Loads of losts of sizes there too. The other clothes are abit fashionqueen though.

mikey74
    Free Member

Opposite end of the country to Manchester I’m afraid.
    interesting about Fat Face: we have one in town.

weeksy

Next. Nice fit for blokes with fat thighs 🙂

isto
    Free Member

TKMaxx depends upon the stock – sometimes they have some really good jeans such as Scotch & Soda.

Howies are well made and reasonably priced.

Nudie are amazing jeans but for that you pay a premium.

chambord
    Free Member

Thought this might be about the vote in the commons today.

binners

Have you had a look in the back of the Mail on Sunday colour supplement? They have some very good offers on this type of thing. Elasticated waist I assume? Paired with some nice brogues?

Look no further

😀

matt_outandabout

😆

binners

Sigh. This place is going to the dogs.

We’re more than ten posts in and no-one has popped up to loftily assert that they only buy their jeans from Tesco, they’re 10 quid, last for years, and if you pay any more then you’re a fashion victim and a fool!

*wanders off muttering*

turboferret

Not necessarily cheap but I really like my Osloh jeans.

Cheers, Rich

wrecker
    Free Member

Nudie are amazing jeans but for that you pay a premium.

I have about 8 pairs of these! They are quite easy to find in teh sale, but to be honest since getting a pair of Lee 101, it’s apparent that the difference in quality (denim and manufacture) is a lot more than the price would suggest. The Lee’s are miles better (pleas enote the 101 bit, it’s important).

BillMC

I like Levis 505, on ‘Get the label’ they are £40. If you’re ever in NYC then Dave’s on Avenue of the Americas is the absolute doggies for denim and Carhartt stuff, and with a website.

hora
    Free Member

I always stock up/buy good quality jeans when they are cheap- in December bought two new pairs of Diesel, Levis, these Replay. Basically to replace the ones I’ve had ten years+ that shred in the crotch from riding the bike to work etc too much in them.

NYC101009

Have a look at this website for great quality Jeans & Shirts & Jackets at great prices plus they use the finest japanese Selvedge & Cottons as well…

http://www.weargustin.com

matt_outandabout

We’re more than ten posts in and no-one has popped up to loftily assert that they only buy their jeans from Tesco, they’re 10 quid, last for years, and if you pay any more then you’re a fashion victim and a fool!

Tesco jeans spotted this morning:

lovewookie

bought some matalan taperd fit jeans for about £15, fit nice and snug with what I consider just enough room for movement and so are dead comfy.

My 15 year old daughter however is struggling dealing with her dad in skinnies.

they’re not supposed to be skinnies….:-/

RoterStern
    Free Member

Suprised no one has suggested Aldi yet!

peterfile
    Free Member

Have a look at this website for great quality Jeans & Shirts & Jackets at great prices plus they use the finest japanese Selvedge & Cottons as well…

This is quite interesting actually. Thanks!

hora
    Free Member

Binners we all know you fall into the sale bin at the local skateboard/surf shop for your clothing choices 😆

benji
    Free Member

That’s all I wear, the value ones and they were £3 a pair, when they are nice and new, wear them when not at work, once they start getting bit worn and frayed, perfect workwear, spend the day in a set of coveralls. Money saved helps keep my lbs going and my bike addiction fed. If people want to spend more let them, we all have different prioritites, mine isn’t my appearance.

nemesis
    Free Member

Next loose fit are good for cyclist legs without looking like Madness Baggy Trousers 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

binners – Member
    Sigh. This place is going to the dogs.
    *wanders off muttering*

Neither have they said that you should only buy obscure Japanese denim & never wash it but kill bacteria by storing the jeans in a freezer

Poor show STW!

M&M direct skinnies for me £19.99 a pair 🙂 I’m old & I don’t care

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

+1 for next

andermt
    Free Member

Paul Smith (Outlet shop obviously)

Being quite tall they do a 35in inside leg, most places never go above 34in.

mefty
    Free Member

They are £5 but they don’t last for years

bearGrease

+1 for Gustin. Lovely jeans. I’m sitting here in my 16.25oz Cone Mills Heavy Americans (in front of the wood burner). I also have some great Cone blueXblack jeans too and waiting for some Japanese blackXblacks to come up.

Edit: They’re long too for the lanky ones.

ecksee
    Free Member

I tend to prefer Mantaray jeans from Debenhams, especially the loose fit ones. They’ve got 20% off jeans at the moment if that helps.

jools182
    Free Member

I like Replay jeans, I wait for the sales though

chewkw
    Free Member

I have never paid more than £40 for a pair of jeans.

I tend to buy two to three pairs of the same jeans if they are on sales at rock bottom price.

😀

razorrazoo

I’ve got a fair few pairs from Topman, but their stuff tends to lend itself to those who want the ‘skinny’ look. Relatively cheap and quality isn’t bad vs price. Couple of pairs of 511’s which are nice too.

Have had a pair of Nudie’s for a few months now, interesed in the Hiut’s as a premium pair but never got near a retailer to try before buy.

Used to buy Diesel but I think you pay a brand premium and not totally into their cuts.

TK Maxx always seem to be loose fit styles which isn’t my thing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Jeans’ is closed to new replies.