• This topic is empty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 676 total)
  • Janzen Boulton and undelivered YETI ARC X
  • hazzajoe
    Free Member

Does anybody know the whereabouts of Janzen Boulton?

I sent him money, ( paypal gift, …. yes I know)!!!!

The bike is a YETI ARC X and it was advertised on Ebay on the 15th -20th ish. We agreed a price of £750 after a few emails and then he sent me his paypal details caprone di montagne@yahoo.com.

I sent the funds on 31st March 2014 and he text to say he’d received the money and would sent the bike asap. I text him a couple of days later to get the reply, I have sent the bike parcelforce 48hrs. I will forward you the tracking number tonight. He did not send me the tracking number, he is not responding to text or calls or email, when I have rang him from phones other than my mobile, ie. house and work land lines, he has rang back but hung up when I have answered.

I have reason to believe that he has recently lived at Windmill Hill Bristol, however, I saw a Gumtree advert he had placed, looking to sublet his room.

There could be any number of reasons he has not been in touch. 18 days have past and I have no bike, no money and have had no correspondence.

I was wondering if it was possible that someone else purchased the bike from him that may be able to give me a clue as to his whereabouts.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony. Durham.

Jamie
    Free Member

I will just get this out of the way, as you know it’s coming, but £750 via Paypal Gift?

**** me.

wwaswas

Looks like he’s been wiping social media of his presence recently.

There’s a just giving page that looks to be his with a photo.

plus a link on one site to an employer name.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Classifieds only, this wont end well

skeetsgb
    Free Member

there was a linkedin profile for him, he is a student living in bristol ( or was ?) studing Architecture & Planning. thats all i can see.

i hope you get it, you never no, but paypal gift, for £750 to a stranger. the fees would have only been about 20 quid if that.

hope it comes for you. he might have gone back italy (email address is a hotel in italy ??), so he sold his bike to fund ticket back home. you dont no.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im sorry but what a mug, seriously not helpful but gobsmacked, even his email screams out *PANIC/AVOID*

wow some people are there own worst enemy

banks
    Free Member

Paypal gift really?! Or he’s gone back to italy to shred his his Yeti with 750 quid in his pocket..

BoardinBob
    Jamie
    Free Member

i hope you get it, you never no, but paypal gift, for £750 to a stranger. the fees would have only been about 20 quid if that.

£26.60.

….which doesn’t seem too bad on a a relatively large outlay.

wwaswas

he doesn’t look like a feckless student?

(assuming there’s only one bloke with that name in bristol)

[edit] I see road.cc have tweeted your thread, too.

BigJohn

I think he’s in Shanghai this weekend, driving a McLaren. That’s probably why he hasn’t been in touch.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think he’s in Shanghai this weekend, driving a McLaren. That’s probably why he hasn’t been in touch.

gonzy
    Free Member

I will just get this out of the way, as you know it’s coming, but £750 via Paypal Gift?

**** me.

my thoughts exactly!! 😯

wysiwyg
    Free Member

ChaseAlex hasnt aged well

geoffj

There’s someone with that name down as a planning student with English Heritage, but he’s no longer on their books.

Good luck with it.

bearnecessities

Well this is moving at some pace!

wwaswas

We are all assuming that the name used is the sellers real name and he’s not just picked some random who lived near him and assumed an identity.

If you’re the real Janzen and this is nothing to do with you apologies.

If you’re the real Janzen and it’s down to you then I hope the peopel you’re raising money for by cyclign to Barcelona give it to the bloke you’re refusing to talk to.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I did wonder if the scam was a result of a hacked email address or stealing someone else’s name and photos. Would be easy to do, especially if the bike doesn’t really exist.

geoffj

The Just Giving page is from 2011 🙁

pinetree
    Free Member

Got a link to the auction? A friend of mine had his arc-x nicked last year (in the south west too) and I’m wondering if the two could be connected. They’re a bit like hens’ teeth!

gonzy
    Free Member

If you’re the real Janzen and it’s down to you then I hope the peopel you’re raising money for by cyclign to Barcelona give it to the bloke you’re refusing to talk to.

judging by the dates of the 3 gifts made…he did that in 2011.
    possibly worth looking into his 3 donors to see if any of them know him personally

hazzajoe
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies forum members.
    I know Im a mug and expected the comments above. I have been a member of a couple of bmx forums for the past 4 of 5 years. Paypal gift has served me and hundreds of others well. These two forums like other forums are mostly built up of stand up people whom are trustworthy.
    I guess that I had became too blassee with paypal gift!! You live and learn eh! to the tune of £750 in my case.
    I purchased a mountain bike from this forum before Xmas using gift of around £500. I’m not reccomending it but it is a service that is offered and that people use. Obviously from now on I will only use it for friends and family!

Back to janzen, I googled him and his number and it appeared that he was a prolific seller of parts with know negative feedback on the www.
    the bike was advertised on road cc. Hindsight is a marvellous thing :-/

pinetree
    Free Member

never mind- just found it, and it’s not the one.

gonzy
    Free Member

this twitter feed has two of his donors on there….strangely both had their cards cloned at around the same time as the donations being made…the plot thickens!!
    https://twitter.com/beckyyeates84

EDIT: further down the twitter feed Janzen Boulton is on there so they do know each other…OP you need to track down his friends to locate him

BoardinBob

His address is up there ^ pay him a visit

Duggan

Christ, I really hope you get it back

scandal42
    Free Member

Just when I thought I was going to have to do some work this afternoon….

trickydisco
    Free Member

Maybe Janzen’s social feeds have gone down because his identity has been taken and used for scamming?

wwaswas

It is odd that his social media presence has been deleted, though.

[edit] he’d onyl ever done 25 tweets and the last was January.

binners

Paypal Gift again? How many times?

Whats that old saying about a fool and his money? Seriously? 750 sheets via Paypal gift?

I really hope you get it sorted, but if its been 18 days already, then he’s probably spent the lot on coke and hookers. He looks like the type. Shifty eyes. Lycra. White socks.

Jamie
    Free Member

He looks like the type. Shifty eyes. Lycra. White socks.

Assuming that is the perp.

gonzy
    Free Member

OP – try tweeting his other friend

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Paypal Gift again? How many times?

What…how many times has it been repeated in this thread after the OP acknowledged his own stupidity naivety at the outset? Not enough, it would seem!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

PayPal gift?! You fackin’ Muppet!

Jamie
    Free Member

Fascinating fact, caprone di montagne, roughly translates as mountain goat.

wilko1999
    Free Member

This thread puts me in mind of one of my favourite establishments in GTA5 😀

That said, I do hope you get either your money back or your bike, there’s some unscrupulous ****heads around 🙁

Duggan

Who’s faster downhill I wonder? That goat or reasonably proficient downhiller? I’m saying goat. He would definitely beat me, any day of the week.

BoardinBob

I didn’t even think you could pay via gift on ebay. Thought it all went through as a proper sale???

terrahawk
    Free Member

you gave 750 quid to a goat???
    good grief.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I didn’t even think you could pay via gift on ebay. Thought it all went through as a proper sale???

He didn’t do it on ebay, Just sent the money via paypal gift after a few emails.

you gave 750 quid to a goat???

And got “Ram’d” for it.

I know its pretty Baaaad joke, i’ll get my coat.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 676 total)

The topic ‘Janzen Boulton and undelivered YETI ARC X’ is closed to new replies.