• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by m360.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jamis Quest (road bike) owner opinions
  • m360
    Free Member

I’ve been having a good look around recently (and even buying, then selling a flat bar road bike) and think that the Jamis Quest looks like a really good bike for my needs.

They seem very well priced and specced, but are not a brand that I am familiar with. Any thoughts from owners? I’m not after a race bike, more an everyday commuter/fitness bike with guards and a rack that I can stretch a bit further during the summer months.

Pretty set on something more comfortable than race winning.

kudos
    Free Member

Jamis are quite popular in the States, far less so on this side of the Atlantic, so consequently, they’re very good value.

A friend had a racebike (can’t remember the model name) which came with full Dura-Ace for about the same price as the groupset on its own!

He used it for a couple of seasons and liked it. Had trouble selling the frame though as it wasn’t a popular brand. If it fits and is good value and you like the way it looks, I don’t think you’ll go far wrong…

m360
    Free Member

Thanks Kudos, resale value isn’t a concern. Might check out the American sites for reviews.

I was thinking of this one, as the group set is better than anything else for the money and I would like a steel frame: Jamis Quest

kudos
    Free Member

It looks like descent value… I wouldn’t expect that “mythical steel ride” in that sort of price range though, it’s very basic tubing.

You’d need to spend at least that much on a frame alone to get anything in 653 of 853 steel (which are the lighter, better-riding tubesets).

Looks like a perfectly nice bike though.

m360
    Free Member

Thanks again. I started by thinking this Jamis Quest Claris looked like good value compared to other offerings around the same or lower price (Claude Butler, Carerra, even Boardman). Then did the usual, of upping the budget a bit 🙄

Lets see what payday brings tomorrow 😈

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Jamis Quest (road bike) owner opinions’ is closed to new replies.