Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • James Willstrop says…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

… That squash is one of the hardest sports in the world.
    For me the hardest is probably rowing as the whole body is punished, constantly.
    What do you reckon?

CaptJon
    Free Member

nice soup, though

RobHilton
    Free Member

Depends who your opponents are doesn’t it?

If you’re shit & they’re shit-hot whatever you’re doing is going to be very hard.
    Even competitive soup making.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’d agree.

Of course, it’s very much dependant on the level at which you play. Being a once a week club league social player it’s probably not too tought at all.

I wear an HRM out of interest, and I haven’t been able to get even close to the levels I get when playing a hard squash match when doing anything else.

It’s pretty much anaerobic threshold all the way, up to & beyond theoretical max HR, whilst also trying to focus and concentrate about what you and your opponent are doing.

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s pretty much anaerobic threshold all the way, up to & beyond theoretical max HR

When I run a 10K race my average HR is always higher than my theoretical max HR, which just demonstrates how pointless the concept of a theoretical max HR is 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

I find running a lot tougher, as its constant, no let up. Squash you get a breather every point. Points can be hard work though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘James Willstrop says…’ is closed to new replies.