Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • James Corden
  • jools182
    Free Member

Is it just me that finds him unfunny and irritating?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

When he appears on telly, I fear that if I don’t change channel quick enough, I will descend into an uncontrollable rage and smash it.

DezB
    Free Member

You should find everything you need to know here

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Makes my p*ss boil

iDave
    Free Member

utterly grim

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well done DezB!

I reckon this thread’ll still hit 27 posts though.

ollie
    Free Member

He Is crap, I can’t change channels quickly enough when he comes on the telly.

Haze

Is it just me that finds him unfunny and irritating?

No, not just you!

BigJohn

I get the feeling that he and Chris Moyles both think each other is “where it’s at” in the world of light entertainment.

jon1973
    Free Member

I find most people on TV to be irritating – they all think they’re far more important than they actually are. At least Corden is a good writer and gave us Gavin & Stacey, so for that reason I rate him. Pretty indifferent to him apart from that.

dazzlingboy

Makes my p*ss boil

+1 👿

ourmaninthenorth

He’s very good in the History Boys. Gavin & Stacey was well written by him and Ruth Jones.

But, subsequent to those highlights, he has apparently lost the funny/not funny filter.

Interestingly, Matthew Horne has now publicly distanced himself from Corden.

Wozza
    Free Member

Personally I think he’s a talentless buffoon but I’ve got “friends” that like him. These “friends” also watch a lot of itv so not exactly the greatest judge of talent.

wormhole

TOOL! not funny in G&S or anything else, him and Peter Kay!! TOOLS
    IMHO

nickf
    Free Member

I was having dinner last weekend with friends who absolutely insisted that Gavin and Stacey is/was/will always be the funniest thing ever the grace our screens. I’ve only seen about four minutes of G&S, so not enough to fully judge, but those minutes dragged miserably slowly. I hated it. The popularity of this show (along with The Office) genuinely mystifies me, and James Corden is possibly the least funny part of it.

His 15 minutes may well be nearly up; the last programme he did was reviled, and the film that he and Horne did went down like a cup of cold sick

jon1973
    Free Member

Personally I think he’s a talentless buffoon but I’ve got “friends” that like him.

None of my friends have quote marks around them – are they your friends or are you just pretending?

PaulWilkinson
    Free Member

Hi – first post for me……….never found him funny TBH, never rated G&S either………..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C’mon guys 9 more posts on this tired subject then I’ll start one on Piers Morgan.

mildred

He strikes me as a horrible individual. That football thing he did through the world cup was a distinct low point; he’s truly awful.

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

Yep! That football thing was pants on a par with England’s performance I reckon.

brick
    Free Member

Macintrye another TOOL.
    Hate Corden. Talentless.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How can you not ike G&S??? HMS Pinafore is fantastic!

jon1973
    Free Member

How can you not ike G&S???

It’s a great series – best comedy in the last couple of years, but some people think it’s somehow cool to dislike something that everyone else likes 😉

nickf
    Free Member

some people think it’s somehow cool to dislike something that everyone else likes

And some people seem to think that someone who doesn’t like their preferred bag-of-**** sitcom is somehow wrong to voice their opinion.

**** you.

No smilies here, I mean it.

maxray
    Free Member

I find a league of their own quite amusing tbh.

jon1973
    Free Member

nickf. By your own admission you watched 4 minutes and made a judgment on it, which indicates to me you had some pre-conceived ideas about it and had decided long before then that you weren’t going to like it.

It’s not a sketch show, so you can’t possibly make a judgment on it in that amount of time.

so **** you too. 😉 (try not to get too wound up now)

grumm
    Free Member

It’s a great series – best comedy in the last couple of years

It’s really not. Peep Show is still miles better. I’ve watched more than five minutes of G & S and it’s still poor – Rob Brydon just isn’t very funny. The new Partridge shorts on fostersfunny are infinitely better too. You could just as easily argue that lots of people have decided they are going to like it because it’s ‘cool’ to do so, despite not actually finding it funny.

TV comedy has been fairly bad generally of late though imo.

(and yes James Corden is very irritating – is this the kind of nasty thread that the mods will close nowadays?)

nickf
    Free Member

Jon, if someone (that means YOU) condescends to tell me that the reason I don’t like something is because I somehow think it’s cool, then I’ll tell them, in the simplest way possible, to keep their opinion to themself.

You don’t know me. I can make a judgement in that time. In fact, I did.

That judgement was (a) it didn’t grab me; I thought it desperate (b) I would avoid it going forward.

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s really not. Peep Show is still miles better.

OK, one of them then. I do like Peep Show a lot. New series tonight.

jon1973
    Free Member

(that means YOU)

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wouldn’t have realised.

You don’t know me.

Thank **** for that.

I can make a judgement in that time.

No you can’t

then I’ll tell them, in the simplest way possible, to keep their opinion to themself.

You can tell me, but I won’t take any notice.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The Corden technique –

“Everyone laugh with me I made a funny”

“No-one is laughing I’m losing them”

“Everyone laugh at me ho ho ho”

Well I for one am still not laughing.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Peep Show is excellent, probably better than G&S. I still really like Gavin and Stacey though. Second series was the best I thought, third dragged a bit.
    I quite like that sport quiz show he does on Sky1, but mostly because Flintoff is brilliant and they rip it out of Redknapp at every opportunity.

Corden is ok but has bought into his own popularity a bit too much. Hardly warrants the abuse he’s getting here though.

brassneck

C’mon guys 9 more posts on this tired subject then I’ll start one on Piers Morgan.

Shooting fish in a barrel that. How about Jeremy Vine? Sometimes I think he’s extracting the urine, then other times he seems scarily serious…

Conqueror
    Free Member

Someone on here I think.. summed him up brilliantly.. like this

He’s the fat guy down the pub who makes the jokes everyone else does (or the ones they are about to say)

🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d like to like Gavin and Stacey, but theres Wales and Essex in and James Corden is the sprinkles on the icing on the cake made of shit.

pancake
    Free Member

Hate Corden not funny. Love Peepshow.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘James Corden’ is closed to new replies.