• This topic has 158 replies, 78 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 159 total)
  • Jade Goody
  • mt
    Free Member

And why pick on Robert Mugabe. As a leader of a country he his doing the job in the fine tradition.

richc
    Free Member

if Jade dying of cancer, encourages people to go to their doctor to get lumps etc checked out, and thus enabling cancers to get detected earlier when the success rates at curing people is much much higher then I don’t see a problem of it being on the front page of every newspaper.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Regardless of how much of a **** you are being, I honestly hope that nobody you know will ever die of this.

Before you go firing expletives at me richc, i have lost family and friends to cancer, we buried a friend of mine at 50 years old 3 weeks ago and I have another friend who’s been given weeks to live.

There time has come sooner than it should have, but at least they’ve faced it with dignity unlike that publicity seeking parasite.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Okay so lets say its a stunt, if its not then Jade you have my apologies and I really hope things work out, miracle cure is found and she gets better. What ‘experts’ are going to get involved to say it must all be a lie, do you think Jade Goody is on many medical experts radar.

richc
    Free Member

Before you go firing expletives at me richc, i have lost family and friends to cancer, we buried a friend of mine at 50 years old 3 weeks ago and I have another friend who’s been given weeks to live.

So then Snigletrack, does dancing on someone’s grave as its being dug make you feel better?

Snigletrack
    Free Member

johnikgriff
    I think you are only digging a very deep whole for yourself by having a go before we know whats going on. Even if you are rightly pionting a few things about the involment of Max Cliford.

Never dug a deep ‘whole’ before, but I’m not saying she’s a charlatan, I’m simply asking if I’m the only one that views the ‘whole’ story as a little suspect.

Snigle
    :o)

Snigletrack
    Free Member

richc
    So then Snigletrack, does dancing on someone’s grave as its being dug make you feel better?

What a tit.

Snigle
    🙄

richc
    Free Member

You didn’t answer the question? does gloating over another persons demise make you feel better about yourself?

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Do you know what ‘gloat’ means?

Gary_M
    Free Member

He’s not gloating richc and you are blowing this totally out of proportion. Read the original post and stop being such an arse.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Well said Gary.

Snigle

richc
    Free Member

Yep reckon I do Snigle, do you?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gloat
    gloat (gl?t) Pronunciation Key
    intr.v. gloat·ed, gloat·ing, gloats
    To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction: Don’t gloat over your rival’s misfortune.
    n.

1. The act of gloating.
    2. A feeling of great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Obviously very confident in your understanding if you feel it necessary to look it up!

Being frank and honest about ones own opinions isn’t the same as gloating, you fool. Now go and look up ‘fool’ on your Google.

Snigle
    🙄

richc
    Free Member

stupid as well as obnoxious, nice combination and I see you are one of those people who doesn’t let the facts get in the way when forming an opinion

Snigletrack
    Free Member

I’m a lot of things, fool: obnoxious, perhaps. But I’m certainly not stupid. Maybe you ought to Google that word as well.

Snigle
    🙄

MrAgreeable

Here we go again. Same poster, same posts, slightly different target (previous ones have included disabled people, the unemployed, and anyone unfortunate enough to be killed by a road accident and commemorated by some flowers at the scene).

Is there an internet forum equivalent of chemotherapy? And can we test it on Snigletrack/AdamG?

Snigletrack
    Free Member

You obviously need to change your name Mr A. That’s a misrepresentation that is.

Snigle

lcj

I am reluctant to post in this minefield but here are my thoughts:

I hope she makes a full recovery, I know it is a terrible disease and would wish it upon no-one at all, ever.

I also wish that she would stop being held up as a celebrity – a position she has reached as a result of being so unfathomably stupid in the Big Brother house.

I repeat my first wish.

timdrayton
    Free Member

ooooooh what an inflamatory post……

yes jade was an arse, and really annoyed lots of people, but she managed to make an awful lot of money doing it (even if she was maybe manipulated and used by big brother max clifford etc).

it seems to me that she acomplished this by putting herself in the press, and those annoying womens mags as much as she possibly could.

either way she is only doing this for cash, and fair play to her.

if she is dying then that is horrible, and certainly no one deserves that.

if she is just on the make and this is all a publicity stunt, then i say fairplay. she is taking a massive risk and her life will be over if she gets caught. her risk, she is not hurting anyone is she?

noteeth
    Free Member

Secondary cancer does not generally make for a good prognosis.

sadexpunk

FWIW i think its very sad. ive no doubt at all theres no conspiracy, even tho max cliffords involved, and is indeed a pr*ck. tbh, im surprised anyone even considers that its a con.

but i feel really sorry for the poor lass. hasnt been blessed with either brains or looks, and now this.

and no, she’s no more deserving of sympathy than the many others that suffer from cancer too, but as has been pointed out already, shes a *cough* ‘celeb’ so its obvious people are interested in the story.

timdrayton
    Free Member

oh is op the floral tribute geezer?

its all a windup then

aphex_2k
    Free Member

snigletrack!!!!

I don’t believe she is racist. I believe she made an unintelligent comment but I do not blame her.

No-one deserves cancer. My best friend died virtually a year ago to this day. I’m saddened by your thought out loud.

markenduro
    Free Member

I hope it’s not a con, I don’t think even she would be that manupulitive or stupid and hope she makes a recovery, as said, not many people recover from secondary cancers.
    I personally don’t have any opinion on her either way (apart from her being a not very clever munter)how she ever made the amount of money that she has from just being thick on telly totally mystifies me, what I don’t like is everything that she stands for, the whole idea of celebrity is absolute bollocks and lots of people actually buy into it, something I will never understand and leeches like clifford seem more than ready to exploit it. .
    If it is a con she wants stringing up for it.
    If it’s not and it helps raise the profile of this ilness she might have actually done something useful in her life.

mrsflash
    Free Member

why isn’t there a story on the front of the newspaper about every cancer victim?

Because they’re not already in the papers??

I feel sorry for her, and her kids.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

timdrayton
    oh is op the floral tribute geezer?

its all a windup then

Not a wind up at all Tim. I’m just asking a straightforward question: Is anyone else a little suspicious about this, bearing in mind who Jade Goody is, and the fact that PR guru Max Clifford is involved?

Maybe I’m unusual, but if I was looking down the barrel of an untimely death, the furthest thing from my mind would be whether or not the ‘event’ was being milked for the largest slice of PR collateral possible. I’d be wanting privacy with my family and perhaps solitude to deal with things in my own mind.

Hawking your story round every tabloid and TV guide going is about as crass and undignified as one could possibly be and her handling of this situation – whether it’s completely genuine or hyped up for PR purposes – has only diminished my opinion of Miss Goody.

If people took the time to think about my question rather than adopting this hoity-toity “how very dare he” attitude, they might realise that they too have some very mixed feelings about Jade Goody.

Snigle

Hairychested
    Free Member

I don’t care about the story. Another non-story being reported only ‘cos she’s a “celeb”.

tyke
    Free Member

Snigletrack – this time I think you are totally wrong and overly cynical.

Whilst I dislike Max Clifford’s business the one thing I would think he will never pull a stunt about is cancer. The reasons being his own wife died of lung cancer 5 years ago and he is a patron of the Royal Marsden Hospital – the leading cancer treatment hospital in the UK. I don’t know what you mean by “doyen of oncology” but he may well be reasonably knowledgable on the subject of cancer.

hora
    Free Member

I hope she sees out her final days happy and painfree 🙁

I don’t have an opinion either way TBH on her.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Snigletrack – this time I think you are totally wrong

To be wrong, I would have had to stated an opinion one way or another. I haven’t, merely asked if I’m the only one who views the whole situation with a bit of suspicion.

“Doyen of oncology” should be relatively self explanitory, there was an air of sarcasm that you may not have picked up on. Hope this helps.

Snigle

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve held back until now.
    Call me cynical, but do all these pictures of her in the papers with no hair get there by chance? No of course not. I’ll bet she gets paid for it too!
    It seems every aspect of her life is stage managed, even her possible demise. That is the really vile part, profiting out of your own demise?
    She’s not the first, she wont be the last.
    Its horrible for anyone to go through the thought that each day is a day much nearer to death. I saw my own father go through it at 51.
    But does it really need to be shoved down our throats each day?

Dignity clearly is not a word in her vocabulary.

Drac

If it was such a fake like you seem to believe then it would bury his career once it was found out, however the reason I don’t believe it is that I have greater intelligence than an amoeba to even consider such a thing.

Drac

But does it really need to be shoved down our throats each day?

Different question all together that.

druidh
    Free Member

Is this any different to some sob story appearing on this forum every time a cyclist gets killed on the roads? Thousands of people die on the roads every year, yet some folk seem to want to make a big deal out of it just coz it’s another cyclist. Same goes here. Of course “ordinary” people contract and die of cancer, but individually they’re not newsworthy. people know who Jade Goody is.

Personally, she’s never done me any harm, so I can’t understand all this anti-Jade sentiment. Maybe lots of folk are just jealous that she’s made so much from so little? She now seems to be doing what any parent would want to do in these circumstances: spend quality time with their kids and do whatever is necessary to make sure they’re provided for once she’s gone.

When she first received the news of the cancer, she was involved in another BB (India?) and even then, there were lots of people suggesting it was just a big hoax.

polarisandy
    Free Member

IF she is hawking her story about, so what?
    It’s the only way she’s got of making any cash, maybe she’s just doing the only thing she knows to provide some money for her family and kids after she’s gone.

Maybe it’s all a scam.

gullible or cynical, take your pick of the above options.

I’ll choose to be gullible, wish her good luck and as much cash as she can make.

She’s a looser whatever turns out to be the truth, and so gets my sympathy.

tyke
    Free Member

Maybe you ought to take some of your own advice and google the word “doyen” because I don’t think it means what you think it does.

aleigh
    Free Member

she’s earning this money for her kids and i don’t blame her.

it’s a really sad situation and i hope she manages to spend as much quality pain free time with her boys as she can.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

A doyen is a senior figure, an authority. What’s the problem with that?

nickname
    Free Member

Although she doesn’t sound like a nice person, I’m far more inclined to have a pop at the newspaper journalists / editors. They don’t have to publish every second of a celebs life, but they do. Sadly it sells, because this country is full of morons 🙂

On the other her face on the front cover keeps cancer awareness in the limelight which may be a good thing. Seems like a few of us have been affected by cancer either personally, or know someone that has. That’s all the awareness I needed. It shocks and scares you to know how horrible this disease is first hand.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Some on the comments on this thread are just evil.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Jade Goody’ is closed to new replies.