• This topic has 158 replies, 78 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)
  • Jade Goody
  • sc-xc

you know what Adam? you are a ****.

Piss off.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Sad for her family an all but she means nothing to me….

Snigletrack
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member
    you know what Adam? you are a ****.

Piss off.

Who died and put you in charge?

naokfreek
    Free Member

bejesus

tomdebruin
    Free Member

There have been various reports of the posts on this thread. This includes people reporting things whilst having made inappropriate tags themselves (yes, we do know who posts every tag).

I’d like you all to tone it down. Remember a difference of opinion is no reason to start insulting each other.

I will also be deleting the offending tags.

jedi

i find it hard to believe peoples reactions/behavior towards others.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whatever she may be she is not dying of cancer for the publicity. If she tries to make as much money as possible for her kids in the time she has left does that really desrves your scorn?

Dave
    Free Member

Snigletrack and SCXC are now in the cooler.

While they’re enjoying their time off I suggest they read the forum guidelines.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This includes people reporting things whilst having made inappropriate tags themselves

LOL ! 😀 😯 ❗

aP
    Free Member

Whilst I’m completely ambivalent about her as a “celeb” I’m quite sad that she seems to have a fairly terminal condition. Some of the posts above are pretty reprehensible IMO.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Bloody hell. How did it get to this again.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

How is this thread of any use to anyone, imo it should be pulled for good

NZCol

My Dad has terminal Cancer – how do i get him in Hello! ?

shinsplints

Bloody hell guys – chill out.I agree with what Junkyard said.Think of her kids,its totally vile.

leftyboy
    Free Member

My first wife had breast cancer at 24, was sterilised at 25 (too big a risk) and died from secondary liver cancer at 28. 6 Months later I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, had chemo, seven operations and radiotheraphy. I was very lucky and survived.

Anyone who thinks cancer is funny is wrong, no debate they are wrong.

If Jade Goody or anyone else has secondary liver cancer then my best wishes go out to them.

Drac

**** Hell leftyboy!

miketually
    Free Member

Snigletrack and SCXC are now in the cooler.

Good call.

Drac

Cheers Dave.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What Drac said. BUT if snigl…whatever his name is, ever came onto a prison wing I was working on, he’d get **** all, lots of it plus a bit less.
    Bad thread. I think he’s jealous cos the general public have heard of her, but not him.

miketually
    Free Member

He got his 100 though.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The one person who has actually met Jade, Jedi, has said that she’s a really nice person. A kind and caring Human Being.

I think she deserves respect, as such. Regardless of what people may think of her. She ain’t done nothing to hurt anyone, really. I don’t believe she is a Bad Person.

This is upsetting. There’s young kids, gonna lose their mum. Someone who truly loves them. Please, just take a moment to think of that.

I couldn’t bear to lose my mum.

colnagokid

Ive sort of speed read this topic, I have no intrest in Jade Goody, or what she does for a living, however the woman is obviously seriously ill, and is probably being poorly managed/represented, by people who have their own intrests at heart rather than Jades.
    Do what I do- take no interst in the stories etc. around/about her, and wish her and her family well.
    Having lost both of my parents to cancer, I know its a shitty time.

hora
    Free Member

**** leftyboy. ****.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Whatever she may be she is not dying of cancer for the publicity. No one is saying she is, but I can understand why people may think, however sick it may be, that it is some kind of publicity stunt.

As I said before was Jordon not dying of something at some point when the general public hated her?

And yes I have taken a moment to ‘think of the children’, I wonder if her pr machine has done the same.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I heard Lance cut off one of his balls just for a bit of publicity and to get some good drugs.
    This has got to be the most depressing thread in a long time 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why is it people on here are not allowed to express an opinion? Did someone make a new rule where we are not allowed freedom of thought?

I’ve not heard that one about Lance.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

There was nobody in the thread saying that they wished cancer on anyway (apart from a suggestion of Robert Mugabe!) but what started the aggro was one man saying he couldn’t care less about Jade. I agree with him. I don’t give a rat’s ass what happens to her, because I don’t know her, she annoys me through the media, always has done. She seems a rude, obnoxious, selfish, backstabbing person that I wouldn’t want anywhere near my life. Meeting her once doesn’t give anyone the right to say how ‘nice’ she is. I’m sure Robert Mugabe is capable of being nice to someone he only meets once.

The way she and her nothing life have cropped up in the media is ridiculous. How can someone with nothing to say for themself be allowed to earn a vast amount of money in this way? Media and celebrity culture really turn my stomach. Excusing her being all over the papers with her cancer by saying “she’s trying to make more money for her kids” is no use as far as I’m concerned. She has got so used to splattering herself all over the goss mags and telling everything to minor journalists that she almost doesn’t know anything else now. She has certainly not used any intelligence throughout the process, and perhaps some of the blame should be put onto those who manage her ‘career’.

I do hope her kids find a good home, I’m sure they will.

PS I think it’s obvious that what I say above is OPINION… don’t start the amateur dramatics.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Folks.

Next time Adam does this, can we just say “photocopying business a bit quiet today is it chap?” and then stroll nonchalantly away.

He is an articulate, fiercely intelligent and apparently morally chameleonic man who has a particularly good knack of pushing our collective buttons when he is bored. He is especially adept at provoking arguments that no-one comes out of looking good. Just note the habit and don’t rise to it, these are just too destructive of people’s mood.

🙂

Drac

Did someone make a new rule where we are not allowed freedom of thought?

No but read rules 3 and 7.

Flaperon

No kids deserve to lose their mum like this. Doesn’t matter who she is.

Gary_M
    Free Member

3. No posts which, in the Moderators opinion, are likely to cause offence to either an individual, or group, whatever their sexual inclination or ethnicity.
    7. No posts which in the opinion of the moderators are solely intended to, or are likely to provoke or abuse any individual or group.

As I said before if you reread the original post I fail to see where rule 3 or 7 is broken. This has been blown completely out of proportion. OP did not say Jade deserved cancer nor any of the other Chinese whispers that are going around. If the rules had been broken in the original post then the mods would have pulled the thread. A few folks got on their high horse and accused the op of something he didn’t post then all hell has broken loose.

In short the original post said, ‘Does anyone else think the Jades cancer may be some sort of publicity stunt?’ Fair enough question is it not?

mikee
    Free Member

whos jade goody ?

seriously

Sandwich

Gary I found the first post offensively nasty. It’s wording appeared to be phrased in a way that was inevitably going to rile people up. Better to have said nothing.

Torminalis
    Free Member

People lose their mothers every day. It is always a tragedy. Road crash journalism does nothing but diminish peoples suffering into a gossip column and demeans all those involved. Jade has spent her career whoring out the minute details of her comparatively pointless life for others to gawk at and it comes as no surprise that cancer has proved to be a boost to her career.

What a way to live a life. Predictably, it is the kids I feel sorry for.

singlespeedstu

BigDummy – Member

Folks.

Next time Adam does this, can we just say “photocopying business a bit quiet today is it chap?” and then stroll nonchalantly away.

Nail hit square on the head there by BD.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sandwich you must go through your life being offended right, left and centre. Why anyone who doesn’t know Jade Goody would be offended is beyond me.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Of course she’s on the front of magazines. That’s her job, what she makes money out of, people pay her money to hear about her life.

It must be poo to have cancer. If I had cancer, knew I was likely to die, and had a job that could make me money out of it, to make sure my kids were looked after, hell I’d keep working, even if some people disapproved of what I was doing for some random snobbish reasons.

Joe

miketually
    Free Member

I fail to see where rule 3 or 7 is broken

I think the section on negative use covers it:

It is our aim that the forum should have an overall positive effect on the mountain bikers that use it. Experience has shown us that certain individuals like to contribute simply to cause trouble. Technically these people are known as Trolls but like all negative elements in society they learn the rules and are quite cunning in their ability to stay just within the letter or the law and yet still manage to cause irritation to other users. So, to try and combat these negative forum users we reserve the right to ban anyone we consider to be a predominantly negative contributor to the forum.

I think that “certain individuals like to contribute simply to cause trouble” pretty much sums up AdamG/snigletrack.

Sandwich

Discussion is fine where it is constructive, but to start a thread where the intention is ,apparently,to be nasty. What’s the point?
    Life does not have to be all struggle and strife, unless of course you have a terminal disease. Choose the battle wisely and you don’t end up defending the indefensible.

miketually
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

Folks.

Sounds like a plan.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Jade Goody’ is closed to new replies.