Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • jacobs ladder – which tyres
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Going to the peak district tomorrow, not been before on my bike. Which tyre? I've got 2.0 mud x on the back and 2.2 NN on the front. Just taken my 2.35 swampthing off the front, good move!!

twang
    Free Member

Bad, put it back on. Mud X a bit too small for Jacobs rock fest…unless you're going up?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

agreed. You need something with decent volume and strongish side walls, unless you enjoy pinch punctures . . .

knott4me
    Free Member

swap them over half way 🙂

goog
    Free Member

2.5 rollers

M6TTF
    Free Member

Do people really worry about tyres that much?? Just go and enjoy yourself

Daffy

If you can get this on and keep it moving, you've got a chance of clearing it.

warton
    Free Member

jesus. just ride your bike.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Maxxis are just about to bring out a new tyre called the Jacob which has been designed specifically for the type of riding in the Peak District. I'm pretty excited by it as it sounds perfect.

Vortexracing

if Maxxis are bringing one out for Jacobs then i'm sure it will be a 'cracker'

sorry, i'll get me coat

GavinB

Does this get the 'troll of the month' award?

I'm assuming the OP has seen the pics of the guys who rode Jacobs, Rushup etc at the weekend? There's about a foot of snow up there!

roughneck
    Free Member

like it!

roughneck
    Free Member

what are the conditions like there?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

yeah tis a good point – we tried to ride cut gate last week and managed about a mile before hitting four foot snow drifts . .

GavinB

I admire your plans (as they were the same as our group last Saturday), don't get me wrong.

On the drive over from the west, I drove past the bottom of Rushup/Pennine Bridleway and saw there was 4 ft drifts with no rock in sight (at all), so abandoned that plan and rode around Lockerbrook/Fairholmes area which was great fun, and all rideable.

There's still a LOT of snow on the high ground in the Peak!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘jacobs ladder – which tyres’ is closed to new replies.