Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I've just put the heated towel rail back on; do I need to do anything else?
  • bearnecessities

Combi boiler.

TR back on wall, attached to pipes hand tight & half a turn.

Taps are still off though, as not sure whether I need to arse about with the bleed (?) valve at the top/back or whether the water will just happily whoosh about through the system when I turn valve taps on?

Proud as ever asking such numpty questions; feel I should just pop along to Mumsnet.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I would: open bleed valve, open inlet, fill rad with water until it starts coming out the bleed valve, close bleed valve, open outlet.

Top system up to proper pressure at boiler, run heating and check for leaks. Bleed again if required.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

What kind of fitting have you given half a turn? I think you’ll need to nip them up tighter than that. Just open the valves and let it fill, checking for dribbles. Open the bleed at the top to let the sit out, you will probably have to top up the system before it fills completely

bearnecessities

Ta, all worked – heat throughout 😀

(FM: fitting nut from pipes into rad; wouldn’t tighten much more without feeling like it might crush any seals?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘I've just put the heated towel rail back on; do I need to do anything else?’ is closed to new replies.