Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • My new 29+ prototype
  • Bregante

Ivan

Sadly I’m not expecting my order of Dually rims to come in until next week so for the moment we are running on a P35 front and Flow rear

takisawa2

According to SURLY…(info on tyre widths).

The Knard 3.0 tire on a Rabbit Hole 50mm rim will be 75.8mm/77.7mm (casing/tread) wide and will have a diameter or 779.4mm (at 19psi).

The Knard 3.0 tire on a Velocity P35 will be 72.6mm/76.7mm wide and have a diameter of 778.6mm.

A Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.4″ tire will be 66.0mm/59.2mm wide and have a diameter of 752.2mm when mounted on a Rabbit Hole rim (at 35psi).

A Continental Trail King 2.4″ tire will be 65.5mm/57.1mm wide and have a diameter of 759.5mm when mounted on a Rabbit Hole rim (at 35psi).

Cant get over the price of those Rabbit Hole rims…£140ea !!!
    The Dually at £110 looks ok, but given its lighter, & only results in a 3mm difference in a mounted Knard tyre, I think the P35 at £67 looks a goer for my rebuild.

letmetalktomark

I’ve found the above and similar measurements for 26″ fat tyre comparisons a little misleading.

The Knard fits fine on a Flow but needs to be run at a higher pressure to reduce squirm and roll etc.

This is bound to have a knock on effect for a bike/tyre etc meant to run low ish pressures.

That said if you prefer a firmer tyre then there isn’t an issue!

IvanMTB
    Free Member

hehe…Old and blind me 🙂

Question still stands: is it going to fit?

Cheers!
    I.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Lovely job… liking the detail around the chainstay bridge.

Must be pretty damn stable with the BB so far below the axles n all 😀

Sam

Even on the Flow the Knard measures 73mm so it is definitely not going to be a problem with clearance. Another 5mm overall – 2.5mm each side, there is still loads of room. One of the other protos will be going up to Wayne at EDS bikes near Dalby and will be built with Rabbit Holes. As meantioned above mine will be getting Dually’s next week – they should arrive on Monday. I’m already thinking about some Chinese carbon 35mm rims and putting my Whisky No9 fork on there for race duties 🙂

kazafaza
    Free Member

Instead of further teasing us let’s kick the starter, shall we? 😀

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Its a lovely looking thing and i second the canary name suggestion.

Houns

It’s Birds custard colour. Like.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Even on the Flow the Knard measures 73mm so it is definitely not going to be a problem with clearance. Another 5mm overall – 2.5mm each side, there is still loads of room.

Sounds promising 🙂

Looking forward to see pictures with Duallies.

Cheers!
    I.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Oooh you git! I was considering a new Gryphon build for spring, but now………How does the kickstarter thing work? Is it basically a case of putting a deposit or full amount down to get a bunch built? If so, what are we looking at? Sorry to be vulgar and talk about money on a Sunday!
    I have to say, non to the yellow though!

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Bruise Willis, essentially Sam sets a funding goal, in order to reach the goal people like yourself will pledge money in return for a frame the pledges are usually a cost price or lower than usual than you would usually pay. Sam will only receive the money if he hits his funding goal at which point Sam places his order with the supplier and once the frames land you’ll be the first to receive the new frame.

A great example is the previous Puffin kickstarter

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Ahh I see, I suppose a quick google woud have helped!
    Sam, is ths going yet??

Sam

I’ve had a prototype built less than a week and a grand total of one ride on it. However I’d say it’s looking likely that this will be set up as a Kickstarter project in the next couple of weeks. If you join the mailing list (don’t worry, I’m lucky to send them quarterly) then you’ll be sure not to miss the chance.

john_l
    Free Member

That looks really good Sam, lovely.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Riding prototype with Duallies on 29inches

29inches rooster

Cheers!

I.

coastkid
    Free Member

“fans of triple drive trains need not purchase a ticket for the 29+ train. The combination of big tires, wide rims and short chain stays combine to make a 3x setup virtually impossible without serious compromises.”

Err not exactly correct if your running the wheels in a compatable 29+ fatbike frame with a 100mm BB like the old Pugsley 🙂

Don`t mean to diss this bike but the chainstay tyre clearance looks a tad narrow for UK slop 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘My new 29+ prototype’ is closed to new replies.