Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I've joined a cult
  • simon_g

..or it feels like it anyway.

Bought a Brompton for my 7.5 mile – train – 1 mile commute. I've had a couple of nods from other Brompton riders. Two days in and I'm not feeling like a complete tit riding around on a sub-BMX-wheeled thing any more. Maybe next I'll start thinking it's OK to take it in the pub and leave it right in everyone's way?

Oh, S2L in black if anyone cares. Wanted orange (to match my other two orange, steel-framed bikes) but didn't want to wait several weeks for one to turn up.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

do the other bromptoneer doff their bowler hats when you pass? 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

The Brompton is perhaps the definitive bike of freedom. You can go anywhere, you can take it with you and it will be no bother. And worn casually, it looks pretty good. 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

plus with the seat turned 180degrees, they make an excellent emergency bar stool

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Welcome. The Brompton is indeed a marvel of design and practicality. Although it DOES look like one is riding a clown bike…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… have you been threatened with tongue-and-innard-extracting-death-by-the-river's edge if you reveal any of the cult's secrets yet?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Do you know what I mean by that? 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cant drop the seatpost much for those gnaar sections of trail.
    Oh and sort that bit on the door, wood snagged on the carpet?

dmiller
    Free Member

Tiny wheels make the front chain ring look epic.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Isn't there a danger of grounding pedals when cornering, how do they race them?

marsdenman
    Free Member

MrsMM ordered hers last week on C2W – she just heard her order has been approved so she's very much looking forward to collecting it…

simon_g

I grounded a pedal this morning 😀 Need to remember to coast around tight corners!

Mr Woppit > 😯 no…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I've joined a cult’ is closed to new replies.