Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I've got an iPad . . .
  • paul4stones

Wow!

So, experts on this forum, recommend me a case to protect it please, and does anyone know of an iPad equivalent of MS Publisher?

Thanks.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I broke mine after 2 weeks. My little boy dropped it. Doesn’t help you, but still.

GrahamS

I’ve been looking for a case myself. Think I’m going go for the Griffin Élan Sleeve if that helps. The iPad 1 version.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CwVYn3T6ao[/video]

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Iballz, not pretty but have stopped my kids breaking mine.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Griffin Survivor.
    Bloody awesome and worth the money and hopefully means that my iPad2 will last longer than it would have without it.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Case – just started to become available in UK (mine arrived in the post today) – Pelicase 1065CC

trevh
    Free Member

Try the above Ive just bought one very good for the money excelent protection for the money.

GrahamS

Really don’t see the point in a case that actually attaches to the iPad.
    Just makes it ugly, heavier and more awkward to hold IMO.

Hence why a sleeve is probably the best option for me.

YMMV

Cougar

I never understood that with phones.

People pay a large premium to have the latest sleek-looking device and then wrap it in thick rubber or pink plastic, doubling it in size and making it look like crap. (Yet if it was ruggedised in the first place, no-one would buy it.)

bencooper
    Free Member

Grove are pretty decent…
    http://www.grovemade.com/

Or there’s Otterbox, which are bombproof but massive and ugly.

paul4stones

I suppose because of paulosoxo and my friend who’s iPad fell out of the boot of his car I’m trying to learn from their mistakes. I also have children. And a car 😉

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Shame nobody knows about pub programs/apps

Grimy
    Free Member

Ive got a “Targus Versavu” from john lewis. Its a leather wallet syle case that the ipad just clips into. It looks after it well enough to cope with a short fall and protects the front and back very nicely. Its nice to hold and I think its rather astheticly pleasing too. The 360 swivel on the back that reveals the apple badge isnt just a gimmic either, it works very well and is quite usefull.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231561562/Product.aspx

Unlike the members above, I cant understand why they have to make these things so thin and fragile, mobiles too. I cant use them unless theres a little more to get hold of? Perhaps its my big hands?

CountZero

These are pretty good, made from recycled truck tarp, so pretty hard wearing: http://sourcedlife.co.uk/products-page/ipad-2-sleeves

mikewsmith
    Free Member

good for you, I got a new box of tea bags last week

trail_rat
    Free Member

Smart cover doesnt make it eavy and cumbersome and serves a good pirpose – yes its expensive but then so is the ipad …..

It then lives in a neoprene sleeve when im not using it.

My iphone lives in a griffin survivor …… As does my dads – his has been dropped in a bucket of water and still works no bother , mines has been dropped from heights and gets abused in the workshop with grease hands then wiped down with some solvent cleaner and still looks like new – when it comes out the case the phone looks new !

Wouldnt put my ipad in the survivor version though – as graham says too big too bulky and i tend not to go to places my ipad will get damaged with it !

daftvader
    Free Member

How about Gform. Not used one but they work on my knees!

toys19
    Free Member

People pay a large premium to have the latest sleek-looking device and then wrap it in thick rubber or pink plastic, doubling it in size and making it look like crap. (Yet if it was ruggedised in the first place, no-one would buy it.)

I don’t buy my fone for its sleekness I buy it for its cheapness and features and it pisses me off that it isn’t ruggedized and I have to get a case for it. EG HTC desire HD..

My wife has just been bought an IPAD 3, she can’t use it and it irritates the living **** out of me. We spent last night arguing over who gets custody of the laptop.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

The Griffin Survivor case makes my iPad twice it’s normal weight and is ugly and completely hides the lovely looks of the tablet itself.
    I use mine in the field (literally!) so the case protects the tablet from mud/cow dung/dust/dew/champagne etc, my kids use it with sticky/greasey fingers and are pretty rough with it and yet with the cover on I can still use all of the buttons/ports. I also like the stand feature and the fact that because of the material the cover is made from, I can put it down on a surface (like a car dashboard) and not worry about it sliding off…
    Horses for courses I guess. I bought an iPad to use it – in any given situation.

DrJ

That.

Having said that, I have 3 cases for my iPad – a sleeve that protects it in my bag, a smart-cover that seemed like a good idea at the time, and a seal thingy waterproof cover that I bought cos I have one for my iPhone and it saved my bacon a few times.

I also have a large collection of shoes 🙁

GrahamS

I use mine in the field (literally!) so the case protects the tablet from mud/cow dung/dust/dew/champagne etc,

Yeah makes sense in that kind of environment. My iPad tends to get used on the couch or when travelling, so a sleeve is fine for me. It’d be a pain to hold it one-handed like a book for any length of time if it was any heavier.

My wife has just been bought an IPAD 3, she can’t use it

😯 It’s really not that hard. My two year old has mastered it well enough to look at photos she likes and select her shows on CBeebies.

In fact, more impressive than that, my father-in-law can use it!

paul4stones

daftvader – Member
    How about Gform. Not used one but they work on my knees!
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #

I’m not sure I want my iPad covered in ‘poron’ thanks 😉

daftvader
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I've got an iPad . . .’ is closed to new replies.