Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I've got £1251.48,,,
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sitting in a Santander Direct ISA & is only making .5%, which is carp, so what else should I do with it? (but not including giving it away or spending it.)

carlosg
    Free Member

Facebook shares 😀

bruneep

(but not including giving it away or spending it.)

Where’s the fun in not doing that?

Mackem

You need to get it trout of that account.

nickjb
    Free Member

Find a new ISA and move it. You will need to keep moving it every year or so to get a reasonable rate.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Where’s the fun in not doing that?

Oh come on, I already did that!

Bought a garden ornament!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You need to get it trout of that account.
    New fly rods perhaps?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Virgin are doing some decent rates on ISAs at the mo

kudos100
    Free Member

Buy a second hand DH bike, ride it for the summer and sell it in autumn for the same money.

Sum
    Free Member

There’s a few better ISAs – have a look on http://www.isa.co.uk/ or a comparison website.

You don’t appear to be limited to an ISA allowing transfers in as I guess you haven’t used up your cash ISA allowance this year. If you wait a little longer there may be slightly better deals as it nears the end of year for using up ISA allowances.

wors

From this weeks experience, just spend it on something that puts a smile on your face!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i had about the same amount in a santander ISA back in the autumn.

it’s still in a santander ISA, but a shares and bonds thingy.

half is in a savings ISA, at 4% (iirc), and the other half is in a medium risk shares package. in 2 months it’s value grew by 4.5%.

quite happy tbh!

Northwind

Move it to a less terrible ISA, for starters- not neccesarily the best option but quick and easy. And as Sum says, don’t just look at transfers, you’ll get a better rate if you open an unrestricted ISA then do it as a cash transfer rather than an ISA transfer and there’ll be no downside to you unless you expect to save thousands more before April.

Santander may well make it difficult to get at your money, I have to admire their moves.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Premium bonds

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Premium bonds

Is it worth it for that amount TJ? I know you can’t lose anything but I’ve got crap luck at raffles. I’ve had 102 bonds for 37 yrs & I’ve won £25!

wallace1492
    Free Member

1,251 lottery tickets, and a boost bar.

Northwind

Approximately one third of a tonne of haribo fried eggs.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Where can you get a boost bar for 48p? TELL ME GODDAMMIT!

skaifan
    Free Member

Shares in Gulf keystone petroleum. They have gone up by over 30% in a month and look like they have a way to go yet. Best to get in sooner rather than later.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That’s a thought!

nick1962
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Premium bonds
    +1

Agreeing with TJ but not over something contentious!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hmm, I waste loads on the Lottery so Premium bonds might be worth it, at least I can get me dosh back!

brakes
    Free Member

I’ll give you a shiney new penny for it

Bregante

My Nigerian Uncle has asked me to pass on his number. He has an amazing investment opportunity!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

just re-read the post – got my decimal point in the wrong place… 😳

probably not worth going for a stocks and shares ISA.

I’ve about 1300 premium bonds and have won £75 in the past 8 yrs – they’re crap.

Sum
    Free Member

According to this Premium Bonds calculator, a person with average luck investing £1250 in Premium Bonds should expect to win £150 over ten years which is equivalent to an APR of 1.2%. Of course, that person might get lucky and win the jackpot. How lucky do you feel esselgruntfuttock?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

How lucky do you feel esselgruntfuttock?

Like I already said, but I’ve got crap luck at raffles. I’ve had 102 bonds for 37 yrs & I’ve won £25!

If I didn’t have bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck at all!

Sum
    Free Member

So I guess Premium Bonds might not be worth it after all, as you’ve also said above 😉

gwaelod
    Free Member

coke and hookers

or just fritter it away

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I've got £1251.48,,,’ is closed to new replies.