Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Its kicking off in Korea
  • cranberry
    Free Member

There are reports of artillery exchanges on the boarder and with 200 shells being fired from the North – 64 houses burning on a S Korean island.

God I hope both sides stop this from escalating.

tails
    Free Member

Shame I really want to visit my friends over there. I’m sure it will calm down, l lets hope kim pops his clogs soon. Either that or China need to say no, but to be honest they probably like it.

loddrik
    Free Member

N Korea in barks and growls again shocker…

dmiller
    Free Member

Listening to Radio 4 this morning and it appears that South Korea was doing a military excercise on / around the island that the north shelled. The north had been saying for a few days that if the south didnt stop being quite so provactive they would have to do something…

Although something in my mind shelling a town is a bit extreme.

Its interesting to note that its not unprovoked action by the north though.

specializedneeds

Kim is only a puppet for the military, his death would change little.

dmiller
    Free Member

Looking at this pic from the BBC site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11818005) I can see why the north might be a bit worried about the south doing military excercises on that island… I have played enough RTS games to know that island would have a fair bit of strategic value.

And on Saturday, North Korea showed off what it claimed was a new uranium enrichment facility – potentially giving it a second route to a nuclear weapon.

The move prompted the US special representative for North Korea, Stephen Bosworth, to rule out the resumption of six-party talks on resolving the nuclear issue.

I dont get that though… I would have thought sitting down and discussing things is even more important when nations start to get to a bit shovy with each other? Looking at it the North has made thier point about the excercise *and* as a side bonus got the Americans to stop moaning at them?

FuzzyWuzzy

The six-party talks were the US just trying to stall things until they can pull out of Afghanistan in 2015 and start on North Korea properly, appears NK didn’t buy it and carried on in the background anyway. Expect a mysterious explosion at the new factory soon :p

tails
    Free Member

Import though, like any so called leader – bin laden, saddam. even the BNP have a so called leader! All of which are great to bring down.

I can’t imagine the US kicking off over their without real provocation, especially with barack in charge. Essentially China need to get their buddies in check.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

trouble is that Kim is so lonely…

clubber
    Free Member

ronery, surely…

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I used to be in the North Korean army, it was Seoul destroying.

Cougar

Getting out of there would probably be a wise Korea move then.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I used to be in the North Korean army, it was Seoul destroying.

I lolled

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

you mean there may still be an invasion of the sandy shores of South Korea?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Up until now, I had reasoned that China would keep their pet dog under control – they’ve too much to lose to let it get out of hand what with the burgeoning economy and so forth, but now?

They may not be able to control the dog any more, which seems to be going completely garitty.

North Korea, as well as being a fine example of what “heaven” must be like (eternal but dead leader, son about to ascend to meet him, eternally-worshipping masses on whom the eye of the father is constantly bent etc) may now be taking the irrevocable step over the line of sanity as the figurehead becomes powerless and the generals take over, deciding that the time has come to let it rip…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Its kicking off in Korea’ is closed to new replies.