Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • itchen Valley Brewery
  • rOcKeTdOg

As I learnt today that a forum member is the brewer (singletrackmind?) Just wanted to say, Russian Winter Russian imperial stout is lovely & recommend you try it if possible

peteimpreza

Yes, Singletrackmind is the brewer. He is excellent at his chosen craft and top bloke all round.

Youl should also try the “Gold”.

ton

if the gold is the stuff we was supping at the BBB, then oh yes 8)

cinnamon_girl

Pure Gold is lovely and available from my local Waitrose. 8)

DezB
    Free Member

Pure Gold is the actual name 🙂

Soma_rich’s stag do:

rOcKeTdOg

The stout was from the tap @1trickponyclub in Moseley

Rich pointed me in singletrackmind’s direction

peteimpreza

@ton, yes it was!!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I think the label on the Pure Gold has changed now. But its my favourite ale by a long stretch 🙂

singletrackmind

Guilty as charged .
    Russian Winter is one of my favourite creations . At 5.3% its about 1% off a true R.I.S. but 6.3% beers dont sell in enough volume.

Its black , sweet and really smooth with enough coffee and dark chocolate flavour to make you think we actually add them to the grist , we don’t its just the malts.

Its a good job , hard but very rewarding at the same time . Sometimes its rubbish , sometimes its great .

Get to enjoy my spoils at the end of the week, which is a double edged sword as it effects my leisure time .

Glad you enjoyed the RW. I guess thats a Nicholsons pub ? as its been on promo with them , and was more popluar than the forcasts , which is good to hear

rOcKeTdOg

No idea of the chain, they had the usual purity stuff which is local to me but because chairman/owner messed me about over sponsorship of the race team we’ve been avoiding.
    even my mate a dyed in the wool lager fan enjoyed the RW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘itchen Valley Brewery’ is closed to new replies.