Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • IT help please (for a numpty)
  • marcus
    Free Member

I’ve had my company website / email hosted by BT for numerous years. A couple of years ago, they ‘upgraded’ my package (BT Business Light, I think its called) to include a slimmed down version of Office 365 to handle my emails. At the time, I generally just used my laptop for emails, etc, so just linked my outlook the online 365. – All works fine at the moment.
    Fast forward a couple of years and I need at bit more flexibiliy for file and calender sharing and accessing email by other devices etc., so have signed up to the full Office 365 package from Microsoft. However, it appears that because BT have already opened me 365 office accounts in the name of my company emails, I cant duplicate these account names in the fully functional ‘Microsoft’ version to pick up email directed to my company – Hopefully that all makes sense.
    I assume I need to somehow ‘delete’ the office 365 account set up by BT, so i can ‘reuse’ the account name on my fully funcionally version. And, I obviously need to do this without loosing all access to my emails. I’m very much out of my depth with this sort of thing, and any help / pointers how I go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

xiphon
    Free Member

This’ll provide you some guidance, or whoever does the “move” for you… know any IT bods in your circles?

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/155/t/173988

marcus
    Free Member

Thanks for the link xiphon. Ill be honest, my understanding of IT is so rubbish, I got lost after the first line. I think I’ll be employing someone to swap it all around. Anyone know any one in the Derby / Belper area.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve not read the link above, but when stuck like this I find the best thing to do is to call the company on the telephone and ask them to sort it out. Possible?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘IT help please (for a numpty)’ is closed to new replies.