Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Our Great Leader visited today.
  • Drac

He got serenaded as a welcome.

Lovely song it is too.

cinnamon_girl

Well done that man! 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yea, that looked really effective. Perhaps he’ll try jumping in the river during the boat race next.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Does everything one does have to be “effective”?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Excellent.

cinnamon_girl

It may have done something about his arrogance-itis virus. Utter scumbag.

Drac

Well I found it funny and don’t really expect to be any more effective than Cameron’s visit to an area that really doesn’t like Tories.

miketually
    Free Member

Yea, that looked really effective. Perhaps he’ll try jumping in the river during the boat race next.

It didn’t make the PM **** off back to Eton, but it got national media coverage and you’re talking about it. That’s effective.

zippykona

When Cameron visited us we sold a Steiff bear so he’s not all bad.

Drac

Alnwick’s not quite so middle class so he’ll have to make do with Sausages.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Oooh, this appearing in public business is really risky. What he needs to do it stage a “rally” inside a giant shed away from the public nd only invite people that will not heckle him.

Oh no he already tried that last week.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I like that the man stood in the street and sung his song.
    I like that it got coverage.

I don’t really like singling someone out because of their school either for positive or negative reasons.
    I don’t like the security man appearing to try to intimidate the ukulele man.
    I do like that he carried on singing, and that the security man didn’t escalate.

I like to think the Britain is one of the few countries where that is likely to unfold exactly like it did.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I thought it was a bit flat and could of done with more verses.

Drac

More Cowbell?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

More Cowbell?

Always.

bigblackshed

The security man didn’t look capable of securing a toilet cubicle door. 1/10 for the intimidating stare.

I do like it when politicians, whichever coloured rosette they are wearing, get heckled. There’s always hint of shock on their face when their thought processes catch up and deliver the “But I thought everyone loved me”.

cinnamon_girl

don’t really like singling someone out because of their school either for positive or negative reasons.

Tough, it goes with the job. If you ‘serve’ (hahahaha) your country then you’re fair game.

scuttler

Result so long as he paid for it out of his own deep pockets. Oh hang on…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Things like this are all that i remember about these tedious “meet the people” election trail events.

Drac

The BBC version shows he cleaned up his act after being given the evils. He carried on singing though.

scuttler

The security man didn’t look capable of securing a toilet cubicle door. 1/10 for the intimidating stare.

He did have the requisite 80’s telephone cable disappearing down his jacket though. That definitely puts him somewhere between Max+Paddy and ninjas in the scary stakes. I’ll bet his mum and dad are watching the news tonight with excitement and pride.

jambalaya
    Free Member

More constructive than throwing eggs at Prescott or Jim Murphy

CountZero

The LibDem battle bus was lurking over the other side of the industrial estate where I work last week.
    They were visiting Dymag Wheels, who’ve just had a big hand-out to develop their new carbon-composite car wheels.
    They never went near the town centre, despite Chippenham being a largely LibDem town, and the whole thing seemed remarkably low-key. There was a bloke sat in a Range Rover in a dark suit, shaved head, aviator shades, and one of those transparent curly leads going up behind his ear.
    Not sure what he was doing there… 😉
    I’ve noticed the striking lack of posters in gardens and windows, too: not sure if it’s indifference these days, or people are afraid to show their party allegiances for fear of having a brick lobbed through a window.

project
    Free Member

Those people with the blue balloons loked really intimidating, busker to appear on next weeks Britains got Talent

langylad
    Free Member

Good point Muppetwrangler. I think sometimes people on here forget that.

binners

Seeing as Dave seems to regard himself as some god-like deity, beyond criticism, nice to see him getting an honest appraisal of his abilities! 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Tough, it goes with the job. If you ‘serve’ (hahahaha) your country then you’re fair game.

I agree and I’m happy that there’s people like uke man that won’t play nicely with the pr machine, I Just felt that singling out his education and basically saying go back to where you came from was playing the man and not the ball.

langylad
    Free Member

mW was that a football or a rugby analogy? Did sound a bit old etonian to me 😀

binners

I’m presuming it must be a reference to a 1970’s Leeds-style, studs-up, 2 footed, over-the-ball, leg-breaker of a challenge!

But with a ukalale! 😆

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve noticed the striking lack of posters in gardens and windows, too: not sure if it’s indifference these days, or people are afraid to show their party allegiances for fear of having a brick lobbed through a window.

Well someone’s drawn Hitler and Groucho Marx faces on most of the tory candidate local to that chap’s posters beside the A1 so I can understand why they might end up getting taken down.

langylad
    Free Member

Bremner, Charlton, Madely, Formby 😀

bloodynora
    Free Member

Swearing at our Prime Minister, classy that.

Sandwich

1970’s Leeds-style, studs-up, 2 footed, over-the-ball, leg-breaker of a challenge!

Now that’s a ‘proper’ job.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Just felt that singling out his education and basically saying go back to where you came from was playing the man and not the ball.

It’s not just a random poke at his schooling, though; is it? The Eton ‘set’ are deeply influential in the political establishment, some might say to the point of excluding those from less wealthy origins.

allthepies
    Free Member

What level of education would you accept ? Comprehensive school only ? Minor Public School OK ? Any annual fee cap ? Ban any Oxbridge types 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

mW was that a football or a rugby analogy? Did sound a bit old etonian to me

🙂

Funny how people come across online. Comprehensive school education for me, 1,600 pupils, 34-36 to a class, career advice was either apprenticeship or the army. looking back the purpose of school seemed to be the complete eradication of any aspirational thought or individualism. Which I’m guessing is fairly different to Eton.

[edit]
    For clarification purposes.
    Man = Cameron. Ball = Policy

Uke man had a pop at Cameron when he could have been attacking Tory policy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What level of education would you accept ?

St Paul’s, perhaps?

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s not just a random poke at his schooling, though; is it?

You’d think the public school educated types would be familiar with the concept of synecdoche.

joshvegas
    Free Member

bloodynora – Member
    Swearing at our Prime Minister, classy that.

The **** deserves every **** thing hurled at him.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Comprehensive school education for me, 1,600 pupils, 34-36 to a class, career advice was either apprenticeship or the army. looking back the purpose of school seemed to be the complete eradication of any aspirational thought or individualism. Which I’m guessing is fairly different to Eton.

Not that different

Only they were born to lead and you were born to be led.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Our Great Leader visited today.’ is closed to new replies.