• This topic has 75 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • israeli strikes on iran…..rrrrmmmmmpppphphphp-brumph…..!!!! pwecsh!
  • alpin
    Free Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6115903.ece

just few comments takenb from the comments section.

“Like many Americans, excluding perhaps the current administration, I am praying for Israel’s safety and success. Although most Israelis are not believers in the one true God, He believes in them and has made promises that He will bring about. Thousands of fulfilled Biblical prophecies attest to it.

Cynthia Moak, San Antonio, USA”

who is He? and the last sentence?

“With Obama in the WH don’t expect any support for Israel.
    I hope the Israeles act based on their own interest and not wait for Obama’s ok. It will never come. Go for it Israel Go.

George, New York, USA”

again, the last sentence…?!?!! you want more war???!!!

“Strike down that nation, yea make a glass sea that all may see.

Migwa, Tampa, USA”

don’t know exactly what Migwa is talking about but i like he sound of it, kinda poetic.

“Oil prices would skyrocket if Israel bombs Iran. If they do bomb it may god help them.

James McCullough, Brooklyn, NYC, USA”

is he more concerned about the price at the pump?

“As much as I hate to say this, Israel is America’s only hope to prevent Armageden by stopping Iran. Obama is too weak to conduct a proper foreign policy and our enemies know it.

Good luck, Israel.

Wally, Dallas, USA”

ok his name is wally and from texas. it’s a wind-up, right? is he stupid enough to think that iran would commit national suicide by bombing other countries with nukes?

“I’ve always heard, “keep your eye on Israel”. Israel has some very dark days ahead as does the rest of the world but certain things have to happen for God’s Master Plan to play out and play out it will just as it is written.

Sarah , Fort Wayne, USA”

chin up?!! god’s master plan? ok.

“The messiah will never help Israel, they must do what they need to do without seeking his help, he just likes to “talk” .

Andrwew Krinock, S. Pasadena, USA”

“G*d bless and keep you , isreal.
    Our prayers are with you.
    if G*d is with you, who could be against you.
    My prayer for you, for wisdom, strength, and courage.

Walker, Middletown, USA”

“Funny how all the people supporting Israel here are based in the
    States.

Sinisa, Hamilton, Bermuda”

Amen….. er i mean, yup.

“You Go Israel I am praying for your leaders and for the people of Israel. God Loves his people the Jews and he is the reason we live and have our being. I pray each day for God to protect you and give you Victory. Please know Christian Americans will stand with you all the way.

SHIRLEY, jamestown, United States”

Wrong!

“The ILLUMINATI plan !!!

ares, kakaia, rusia”

ares, aka Simon Ralli?

“Its sad that a Small Country like Israel is the only country willing to deal with the Problem of a Nuclear Iran. They are Surrounded by people who hate them, and yet, they are still willing to do something we in America should be doing. Well, I fully support Israel, and I wish them Luck, and I pray.

Kevin, Chino Hills, USA”

randon capitalisation… maybe he’s of german ancestry….?

“The Nation of Israel has taken care of itself for years[er no it han’t….$8bn/year to spend only on defence courtesy of the USA]. I don’t always agree with their tactics, but I respect their the fact that they will not knuckle under to the rest of the world.
    As American, I say stay out of the Jewish Govt. bussiness [but muslim or other christian govs is ok?].
    They know whats best for them. We dont [or they don’t and we do?]

Dave, Crandon, United States of America

“I think the whole Bible Belt of the US just commented below. Have these people actually ever read the bible? Do they possess a brain and logic?

Andreas , Cyprus”

haha.

“All christians around the world stand with Isreal, not just the ones in the US. The God of Isreal is also the God of christians. If you dont believe that God is with Isreal you will when you stand before Him in the very near future.

mike, lakeview, usa”

except, we probably won’t, will we mike?

“The opinion of most Americans is based on the constant diet of pro-Israel garbage they are fed by the US media, most politicians, and most religious leaders. Any who speak out against Israel are ignored or silenced by those who influence what we see, hear, and read. The tail is wagging the dog.

Ray, Richmond, USA”

they’re not all stupid.

“GOD bless Isreal, our prayers are with you, and the LIVING GOD is with you, so lets quit talking and do this and be done with it. I am ready for judgement day, I have no fear for Jesus is with us, AMEN.

rich naud, melbourne, U.S.A.”

yeeehahh!

right, i’m bored of reading through them and selecting now.

and i didn’t even get 1/3 of the way through.

and for those that think religion is a good thing, do you want to put yourself into the same group of people as some of those above?

and do we think israel is going to attack?

and why do the yanks support them? wasn’t it a british and french initative to give the jews a home?

all just bollocks really, isn’t it.

alpin
    Free Member

sorry, i didn’t realise it was so long.

oh and the noise in the heading, that is the sound of the world imploding.

andywhit
    Free Member

What tyres for F-16’s ?

El-bent
    Free Member

and why do the yanks support them? wasn’t it a british and french initative to give the jews a home?

I do believe under American pressure to do so. You can attribute some of those quotes to the mis-informed, the Israeli- American lobby certainly have their claws in any US administration, some are Neo-con militaristic types who judging by the stuff they post on military/political sites are clearly retarded and still a bit sore that Obama is president.

But one or two are alluding to the Rapture. These are singly the most dangerously mental people you can meet. If you think the Taliban are bad boys, this lot want to see Israel attack Iran and for it all to end in Nuclear Armageddon, so they can float up to heaven and meet their maker. (simply put)

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Woohoo -its all kicking off again then

Better start taking the doors off!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

About time the UN steamed in to Israel, and got rid of those evil war-mongering scum that are currently in charge there. They are a far greater threat to World Peace than any other nation on Earth, praps bar the USA and the UK.

El-bent
    Free Member

About time the UN steamed in to Israel, and got rid of those evil war-mongering scum that are currently in charge there. They are a far greater threat to World Peace than any other nation on Earth, praps bar the USA and the UK.

The UN hasn’t worked so far and is not going to work for the foreseeable future.

The reason behind why Israel has got away with what it did in the past is because it has the US backing it. The Israeli-American lobby needs to be removed from influence, they have simply made the US believe that Israel’s enemies are the the US’s too.

swavis

LOL @ andywhit

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The UN hasn’t worked so far and is not going to work for the foreseeable future.

I know. Sadly, the UN are about as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

vinnyeh

and for those that think religion is a good thing, do you want to put yourself into the same group of people as some of those above?

They’re human, you’re human, you’re in the same group. So what’s your point? So, there’s some religious fuitcakes out there, there’s a fair few atheistic ones as well.

You left the smiley for ‘ironic’ off the end there. I think that if Israel was left alone by all those surrounding her then they certainly wouldn’t be looking to cause trouble anywhere else. Course I’m working off the current geo-political situation- the question of whether the country should be there in the first place is a different one.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I think that if Israel was left alone by all those surrounding her then they certainly wouldn’t be looking to cause trouble anywhere else.

That is exactly what Adolf Hitler’s argument was.

Sod godwin’s law.

The Israeli-American lobby needs to be removed from influence

Far too much emphasis is put on the ‘Israeli-American lobby’ imo. It does have a role to play, but much of US policy towards Israel is based on their desire to have a powerful and reliable client state, which is totally under their control/dependant on them, in an oil-rich region of the world, which is vital to secure US ambitions of total global dominance. These strategic needs would still exist whether or not the Israeli-American lobby was particularly powerful.

BTW, it’s worth remembering that the muslim vote in the US, is as far as I can remember, about the same size as the jewish vote. Although obviously muslims don’t have the same positions of power and influence in the US which jews have.

vinnyeh

That is exactly what Adolf Hitler’s argument was.

I didn’t think it was, but am willing to have my mind altered by relevant references.

rossi46
    Free Member

I think they (Isreal AND Iran) all neeed to ride mountainbikes- its much more fun than war. Perhaps they could sort out their differences with a race or two????

molgrips
    Free Member

Religion doesn’t make people behave like that, btw.

But anyway, what’s your point caller? That the world’s fully of stupid people? Churchill said that the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter. QED, I believe.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I didn’t think it was, but am willing to have my mind altered by relevant references.

Well I can’t real be bothered with providing you with a load of links vinny – it’s really not that important to me, but the gist of Hitler’s argument was that Germany wanted only peace. However he argued, it was surrounded by hostile countries which were committed to Germany’s destruction. He said that the Versailles Treaty was proof of that, and that actions such as entering the demilitarised Rhineland, were necessary for the defence of the German state and it’s people. German rearmament, whilst also in violation of the Versailles Treaty, was likewise described as the right of a sovereign state to arm itself so that it could guarantee the peaceful existence of it’s citizens. Furthermore Hitler argued that the attacks and occupation of territories such as the Sudetenland, were simply the actions of a state which wanted nothing other than peace with it’s neighbours, but had to regrettably take military action to guarantee it’s territorial integrity and legitimate historical ethnic claims.

Right up until the start of WW2 Hitler argued that Germany wanted only peace, and that it was Germany’s neighbours with their commitment to the destruction of the German state, which made German military action unfortunately necessary. In fact right up until the very last minute – it’s all nicely summed up here in the German reply to Britain’s declaration of war :

The German government and nation has not, as Great Britain has, any intention to rule the world, but they are determined to defend their freedom, their independence, and their life. We take note of the British intention to destroy the German nation now even more than it was destroyed by the Treaty of Versailles

Sunday 3 September 1939

El-bent
    Free Member

BTW, it’s worth remembering that the muslim vote in the US, is as far as I can remember, about the same size as the jewish vote. Although obviously muslims don’t have the same positions of power and influence in the US which jews have.

The Jewish vote? Whats that got to do with it? Its he who’s lobby group shouts loudest and longest in Washington.

Far too much emphasis is put on the ‘Israeli-American lobby’ imo.

That’s the thing, not enough emphasis is being placed on what they get up to. If it wasn’t so important, why such a powerful lobby?

It does have a role to play, but much of US policy towards Israel is based on their desire to have a powerful and reliable client state,

I wonder who gave them that Idea?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, it weren’t me! 🙁

El-bent
    Free Member

Apart from the Versailles Treaty which they did have a justifiable grievance over, the rest of it is certainly an “interesting” way portraying history.

But history shows us time and again the reasons that are created by individuals and nations alike to justify their actions.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Apart from the Versailles Treaty which they did have a justifiable grievance over

Actually I also thought the Germans had a point when they said “as Great Britain has” in :
    The German government and nation has not, as Great Britain has, any intention to rule the world” 🙄

What’s the jewish/muslim vote got to do with it ? Quite a bit I think you’ll find – US presidents always like to chase the ethnic vote whether it be jewish, cuban, or whatever. So how many votes jews or muslims account for, is really rather important.

El-bent
    Free Member

But only accounts for roughly 2.2% of the total US population., with the Muslim population roughly half or that. Hispanic population is estimated at 45.5million.

So the Jewish population is quite small, yet its lobby groups seem to have an unreasonable amount of influence when compared to other groups, don’t you think?

Actually I also thought the Germans had a point when they said “as Great Britain has” in :
    “The German government and nation has not, as Great Britain has, any intention to rule the world”

Nice statement from them and just as they were invading Poland. When the Germans took over, oops sorry, peacefully entered the Sudetenland to “protect” the Germanic peoples of that region, they knew full well that by doing so it would leave the czechs virtually defenceless and I’m sure that some of the Jews of Europe that saw that German statement would have probably thought “they have a point” right?

You are trying to defend the indefensible by trying to justify the reasons for what Hitler did. I won’t defend British imperialism, but my b*llsh*t detectors are getting maxed out with what your saying.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

You are trying to defend the indefensible

I’ll let you figure that out.

Although claiming in 1939 that Britain wanted to rule the world was a fair point to make imo – have you seen a world atlas from 1939 ?

BTW, is your claim that Germany had ‘justifiable grievances’ concerning the Versailles Treaty an attempt to ‘defend the indefensible’ ?

shands
    Free Member

Yawn! Think we done this to death by now haven’t we. We as a collective cant agree. How the hell are countries going to!

El-bent
    Free Member

Although claiming in 1939 that Britain wanted to rule the world was a fair point to make imo – have you seen a world atlas from 1939 ?

Yes I have seen it. As I have said before there was no excuse for British imperialism, but what you are conveniently missing out is what Hitler wanted. An empire as well. To last a thousand years.

BTW, I forgot to mention those “hostile countries” surrounding Germany…you know Belgium, Netherlands and Denmark, you know the ones who were neutral, but got invaded anyway.

In terms of reparations you can say the Germans had some Grievances, particularly after many years, many historians agree with that, but that doesn’t give them carte blanche invade other territories.

We as a collective cant agree. How the hell are countries going to!

The Human race sometimes takes the wrong lessons from History, which is usually that which makes us different and not what we may have in common. Others try to interpret history differently to appear more favourable and justify the reasons for those actions. I’m afraid Gus is not the only one Guilty of that.

porterclough
    Free Member

The Left used to love Israel, now they hate it.

This probably tells us more about the left than it does about Israel, I think.

Everone is very quiet on the subject of Palistinian rights in neighbouring countries that have cynically and callously refused them citizenship or basic freedoms so as to use their plight as a stick to beat Israel. No-one comes out of the situation smeliing of roses.

Gotta love elbent and gg agreeing with each other so violently!

Fuzzy_Dunlop
    Free Member

@porterclough

spot on, Palestinians are treated far worse as a “race” (for want of a better word) in Lebanon, Eygpt etc etc..than they are in Israel

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Others try to interpret history differently to appear more favourable and justify the reasons for those actions. I’m afraid Gus is not the only one Guilty of that.

There’s no ‘pulling the wool over your eyes’ El-bent ….. your razor-sharp mind sees straight through me.

Yes, I have to confess that I’ve always been something of an Adolf Hitler fan who feels history has never done him justice.

OK the guy did some things which might have been a little bit out of order, but then no one’s perfect. Who can honestly say that they have never been a bit naughty and taken things which ‘technically’ wasn’t theirs ? Hitler only ever wanted a little bit of Poland, a little bit of Czechoslovakia, and a little bit of France. And before you say it, yeah I know that he took all of Austria, but remember that he was Austrian, so ‘technically’ it was his anyway.

I won’t deny that Hitler did have a bit of a temper, but that wasn’t the only side to his character. Hitler was really a very sensitive man. He never touched alcohol, in fact he was teetotaller. And because he couldn’t bring himself to eat cute little animals, he was also a vegetarian.

He famously loved his pet dog, and he also loved children – especially his niece.

Much of what is attributed to Hitler is simply just a big misunderstanding. Can anyone put their hand on their heart and honestly say that they have never thought, “I wish we could have the complete annihilation of the jewish race” ? Well can they ? I can tell you Hitler was livid when he found out about Auschwitz, apparently as soon as he heard he said, “I was only joking FFS”.

Another example of what a big-hearted guy Hitler was, is his moustache. Obviously he knew just how ridiculous it looked. But he also knew that little aryan children found it highly amusing as they looked at ‘funny Uncle Adolf’. Hitler only ever wanted to be loved, by everyone including little children – he was that kind of guy.

So perhaps it’s you El-bent, who needs to have another look at history, instead of falling for the lies and propaganda of the enemies of the Fatherland. HH

The Left used to love Israel, now they hate it.

This probably tells us more about the left than it does about Israel, I think.

What does it tell us about the left ? ………. I’m intrigued.

I’m also intrigued about this :

Yawn! Think we done this to death by now haven’t we.

Have we ? When have we had threads about Israel bombing Iran ?

Oh, and I’m also intrigued about this :

Palestinians are treated far worse as a “race” (for want of a better word) in Lebanon, Eygpt etc etc..than they are in Israel

Well I never knew that.

So Palestinians in Lebanon, Eygpt etc are regularly bombed, their children shot by soldiers, they are denied food and medicine, and their homes are bulldozed by army bulldozers ?

No wait ………… their treatment in Lebanon, Eygpt etc is “far worse” than that 😯

It sounds appalling.

Junkyard
    Free Member

spot on, Palestinians are treated far worse as a “race” (for want of a better word) in Lebanon, Eygpt etc etc..than they are in Israel

what a truly ridiculous thing to say …any chance of some evidence to back up this claim?

Sonor
    Free Member

Gus, are you serious with what you’re saying regarding Germany?

tom84
    Free Member

give the jews a home pah!

over half the immigrants to isreal at least post the war in ’48 have been russian orthodox christians.

and the right wing fear that obama will not ‘protect’ israel is unfounded, the rhetoric might change but the constant supply of arms, economic bailouts (israel has never turned a profit ie. never not been in deficit) and allegiance probably isn’t going anywhere, esp. with clinton in senate

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Gus, are you serious with what you’re saying regarding Germany?

I’ll let you figure that out.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

All we are saying, is give peas a chance.

What we need, is to be able to work together, to achieve World Peas.

Peas are great; they are totally non-prejudicial, and all-inclusive.

Kofi Annan decides it’s time for a change of image:

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Here, this is for all you ‘a-dolf knockers’ ………. a tribute to the great man by a jew who like me, also saw the warm, human side, of Hitler’s personality :

porterclough
    Free Member

So Palestinians in Lebanon, Eygpt etc are regularly bombed, their children shot by soldiers, they are denied food and medicine, and their homes are bulldozed by army bulldozers ?

Perhaps you have a short memory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Lebanon_Conflict

grizzlygus
    Free Member

No, my memory is pretty good. And yes, I’m fully aware of the severe and constant interference by Israel in the Lebanon. Including the invasion of the country, the targeting of Palestinians, the setting up of the proxy South Lebanese Army, and Israeli support for the Lebanese fascists (falangism).

Have we now narrowed it down to just ‘one’ country which allegedly treats Palestinians ‘far worst’ than Israel ? And if indeed Palestinians refugees are ‘far worst’ in Lebanon than they are in Israel, what are they doing in Lebanon – surely they should go home ?

porterclough
    Free Member

what are they doing in Lebanon – surely they should go home ?

Well surely the point is that they are already home, since nearly all of them were born in Lebanon – but they are not given citizenship.

And hardly fair to suggest that Lebanon’s problems are all caused by Israel – what about Syria’s constant interference? If you’re looking for fascist comparisons look no further than the Baath party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_camps#The_war_of_the_camps

Jordan also fought a war against the PLO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September_in_Jordan

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I’m not ‘looking for fascist comparisons’ I’m stating a fact – Israeli support for Lebanese fascist is well known. And you’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think Lebanon’s problems have nothing to do with Israel.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

BTW porterclough, I’m fully aware that the Palestinians are the ‘unwanted people’ of the Middle East, indeed Jesse Jackson described them as the ‘**** of the Middle East’. They are a stateless people who’s land has been stolen from them. However I am interested in the claim that other countries treat the Palestinians “far worst” than the Israelis do/have.

porterclough
    Free Member

Did I say that? No, I didn’t. Yawn.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Did you say what ? I haven’t accused you of saying anything 😕

Go to bed if you’re feeling tired ? It is rather late after all …..

El-bent
    Free Member

So perhaps it’s you El-bent, who needs to have another look at history, instead of falling for the lies and propaganda of the enemies of the Fatherland.

Your funny in a Bernard manning kind of way. Keep it up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘israeli strikes on iran…..rrrrmmmmmpppphphphp-brumph…..!!!! pwecsh!’ is closed to new replies.