Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Isle of Wight next week – will I need mud tyres?
  • filks

Not ridden there before! What are conditions like. Mud tyres are on but should I be going more general all rounder?

TIA

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m off there Saturday, staying in Brighstone for the week. Some information here on riding routes:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/isle-of-wight-gpx-files-route-requests-please

Sorry, no idea on what tyres though. The weather is looking pretty good between now and next week so I’m hoping the trails will be drying out by then. I’m just going with my usual DHF front/DHR2 rear. Unless some locals reply and say it’ll be a total bogfest I might stick my Shorty back on the front.

40mpg

You’ll need at least 3 sets of tyres – extra grippy for wet green chalky bits, close tread for the hardpacl dried out stuff on the top of the downs, and mud tyres for the clag in the woods.

Sorry that doesn’t help much, but it’s a right mix. If it dries a bit, def not mud tyres

filks

Ok then all rounders I guess? Any other opinions?

chrishc777
    Free Member

I took the Shorty off the front a couple weeks ago but will possibly be putting it back on before my next ride, it’s pretty bad over here!

If you are riding the bridleways ie Tennyson trail etc don’t bother with mud tyres though, the constant mach 10 wind dries anything exposed out pretty well

As said above, be aware of green chalk!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Depending on who you believe, either horses have trashed every byway, on MTBers have trashed them all with their winter tyres.

😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Wight next week – will I need mud tyres?’ is closed to new replies.