Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ISIS BB's- cheap ones ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Need to replace 2 ISIS BBs both 68mm on Truvative cranks, over £30 on CRC, any cheaper alternatives?

Ringo
    Free Member

The superstar ones are £29.99 I had one that outlasted my really expensive skf

steezysix
    Free Member

+1 for superstar, been running one for over a year, no problems.

nuke

+2 for Superstar. Running on my Alfined bike for a good while now with no probs.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

+3 Superstar. The only ISIS BB to have.

binners

All Isis bottom brackets are shite! On account of being a fundamentally flawed design. Doesn’t matter who’s made it. Throw them in a pond and buy some decent cranks that weren’t designed by a half wit! Buying new bottom brackets at 30 dabs a pop is just spunking money away.

Can you tell I’ve not had the best of experiences with them? 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I trashed the single non replaceable bearing ones quickly, then tried the Race Face type with the double replaceable bearings. I think my LBS charges under £20 to remove, supply and fit the new bearings.

I bought a second hand SKF ISIS BB which is still going strong after a year of Scottish mud and rain.

bigjim

The one superstar sell is pretty decent and is still going, albeit with a good wobble, after 3 years on my bike. I figured out a way of getting grease in under the seal which eeked a bit more time out of it but it really is on the way out now.

cp

I got rid of my ISIS cranks as they are just so expensive to maintain. A years supply of ISIS BB’s paid for a new set of cranks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“All Isis bottom brackets are shite! On account of being a fundamentally flawed design. Doesn’t matter who’s made it.”

The superstar ones are a different internal design. This is well documented in other threads.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ISIS BB's- cheap ones ?’ is closed to new replies.