Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • ISA interest rates – whats yours?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Just checked what the interest on my ISA is and its 0.9%!! checked my savings account and its 1.6%.

I know the ISA is tax free savings, but would I be better with the money in the savings account and if so what is the point of an ISA with such low rates?

thegreatape
    Free Member

3.3% (but that’s only for the first year, it’ll rival yours for shiteness soon enough)

nickjb
    Free Member

You have to keep moving them. Its a right pain, they rely on lazy customers.

stumpy01

I’m one of the lazy customers.

I think mine is at about 0.0001%. Or it might as well be.

Rich
    Free Member

It’s generally advisable to move your money to a new ISA every year I believe, as the introductory interest rate ends.

verses

Recently changed mine to a 3.05% from a 0.6%.

As said above, you need to keep moving them.

Some good advice here.

5lab

would I be better with the money in the savings account

right now yes, but once you’ve ‘lost’ that years isa you can’t get it back, so probably best to keep it in an isa for now.

northern rock will give you 3.05% – just transfer it over to there

trail_rat
    Free Member

basically it allows the banks to profit out of lazy people

i spent 6 months this year trying to move one isa out of a 0.9% interest account – frankly it wasnt worth the effort in the end but i was making a point to the useless chunts at the bank

got 1 at 3.2% and one moved over from a previous year at 2.6%

got two savings accounts as well – one at 2.6gross and one at 2.3%

all in all – its irrelevant really as i will probably make next to **** all accross them all – with any luck the ac’s will be empty soon 😀

Mantastic
    Free Member

Last year I acheived 13% on my ISA and this year so far I am sitting at 6.5% not bad considering the state of the economy

anagallis_arvensis

Mines about 3% with theAA, I’m hoping there’ll come and fix my car too.

finbar
    Free Member

4 to 4.5% on the cash ISAs (5 year fixed deals started a few years ago), i’m running about -12% on stocks and shares isas 😕 . I’ll just be whacking my allowance into Vanguard trackers instead of managed funds next year.

thegreatape
    Free Member

13%

A stocks and shares one, presumably?

dooosuk
    Free Member

2.75% with the Nationwide fixed until Jan 2013 (you get a higher rate of over 3% if you have more than 25k I think)

Whole process of transferring 3 other cash ISAs into a new one has taken two weeks from me posting the completed form (only took 5mins to fill the form in too).

So easy to do.

mudshark
    Free Member

basically it allows the banks to profit out of lazy people

Yeah me though I seem to be better at moving money around now, I have an offset mortgage which helps with being lazy. This year I put money into a 1 year savings thing (3.5%) which will force me to change when the time comes so a good thing.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Whole process of transferring 3 other cash ISAs into a new one has taken two weeks from me posting the completed form (only took 5mins to fill the form in too)”

Unless your account is from a day when your bank was a building society and is denying you have this account ….. despite it being visable online and in my passbook …. scumbags.
    In the end i threatened to just withdraw it all – and stop my wages going in there and moving to FD.

funny enough they got their act together…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ISA interest rates – whats yours?’ is closed to new replies.