Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Is this T-Shirt offensive?
  • Cougar

The words ‘humorous’ and ‘t-shirt’ are hardly a match made in heaven

If that’s true, I need to discard half of my wardrobe.

Hm, maybe there’s a thread in that, “Show me your genuinely humorous tee-shirts”?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Mate of mine once got asked in a restaurant to do something about his attire or leave. He was wearing this – http://images.esellerpro.com/2431/I/673/medscaleDSCF3341.JPG (SFW warning, picture contains rude word, hence not hotlinked). He ended up turning it inside-out for the duration of the meal.

Sadder than the tesco t-shirt. And I like Red Dwarf.

Cougar

No arguments here.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

If find shopping at Tesco / people who are foolish enough to shop at Tesco offensive..

The T-shirt (as stated above )is a great way of letting the world know you’re a Townie d*ck…

What’s wrong with shopping at Tesco? What’s Townieness got to do with anything?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

No, because you would experience how society behaves to women in general, and what it might feel like. You might not care, but you might.

Or to put it another way, try seeing things from someone else’s point of view instead of flaming them for having one.

It’s like you haven’t yet noticed that the moral high-horse you’re on is actually stood, and probably trapped, in a hole. I’m sure you’re a lovely bloke, molgrips, but you’re about as sharp as a marble.

Cougar

Thing is, it’s all relative. It’s probably not wholly difficult to get a t-shirt which alludes to being fellated by the Queen, or promotes genocide of all the brown people, for instance.

Comparatively here, we’ve got some halfwit wrapping his beer-belly in a t-shirt whose entire raison d’etre revolves around a bird (feathered variety) / bird (mildly derogatory slang for ‘woman’) “pun” and some graphics that a GSCE art student would be ashamed of.

I fear that what we’re missing here, perhaps, is what politicians might call “bigger issues.”

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I fear that what we’re missing here, perhaps, is what politicians might call “bigger issues.”

I agree. Well, so long as what you are referring to is the fact the ‘birds’ in the picture could do with bigger baps. If this is what you mean, then I agree with Cougar

Cougar

You’re quite right. I got a chip butty the other day and the bap it came on was tiny. Down with small baps!

Cougar

Apropos of nothing,

Object’s campaign page on “beauty pageants” is four pages long. Their campaign page on “violence against women” is four sentences. It seems that their focus pretty much in its entirely is exactly this sort of thing, historically they’ve targeted “lads mags” and strip clubs and suchlike also.

binners

Pah! They’re probably all lezzers anyway 😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

I was at a little festival in the west country a few years ago and I walked past a miserable looking sod wearing a t-shirt that said ‘Juggling is Shit’.

Only t-shirt that has actually made me laugh aloud.

DezB
    Free Member

“Show me your genuinely humorous tee-shirts”?

Humourous, maybe. Appropriate? Definitely.

(not really a real t-shirt btw)

Woody
    Free Member

(not really a real t-shirt btw)

But it should be…………………………..anyone?

Cougar

DezB – I’m offended at your flagrant swear-filter avoidance.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m sure you’re a lovely bloke, molgrips, but you’re about as sharp as a marble.

from this unbiased point of view.. I think that the point is being very much missed.. but by the accusers.. and that the intelligence deficit is very firmly in the other direction..

ironically..

turtleheading
    Free Member

No

bigyinn
    Free Member

A spokeswoman for Object yesterday….

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I think that the point is being very much missed.. but by the accusers.. and that the intelligence deficit is very firmly in the other direction.

You’d be wrong, though.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

no he would not be, you would be.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s like you haven’t yet noticed that the moral high-horse you’re on is actually stood, and probably trapped, in a hole. I’m sure you’re a lovely bloke, molgrips, but you’re about as sharp as a marble.

Ok then, would you like to enlighten me?

I think perhaps the tee makes a joke out of the type of ‘lad’ who would wear such a garment. Arguably, it’s irony (or I’m giving Tesco too much credit).

Yeah, perhaps.. but then again perhaps not. Hard to say. Plus it’s about the spirit with which it’s worn I suspect. Although that’s very hard to prove one way or the other.

Frankly if that’s the worst thing “Object” can find to object to, they might as well close up shop, their work is done

Is it the worst they can find?

I bet that if the head of Tesco value tshirts was a woman who’d been subjected to stalking, the design would not have got through. That means something doesn’t it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ok then, would you like to enlighten me?

Dont be silly now , they dont have reasonable points to make. It is why the wrapped so many digs up into that one sentence rather than using logic or reason to sway you

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

I like the T-shirt. I’d wear it with pride! What’s the problem? Pussies!

molgrips
    Free Member

Junkyard – 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Even the t-shirt cannot stop them ❗

Woody
    Free Member

sh1tforbrains

A login with swearfilter avoidance – crikey 😯

I’m just wondering – do some people have a login appropriate to a variety of topics and the nature of their response?

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

Eh?

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe it’s someone from Hope?

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

If it’s good enough for Hope it’s good enough for STW.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

“This T-shirt is objectionable on so many levels,” said Anna van Heeswijk, campaigns manager for lobby organisation Object.

Somali Cerise, prevention manager for the End Violence Against Women coalition, added: “It is deeply concerning that a major high-street retailer such as Tesco sells products that perpetuate the sexualisation of women.

I’m guessing we’ve found TJ’s & Elfins real names then 😆

binners

with appropriate comment added bigyinn 😀

Olly
    Free Member

Not as offensive as the **** who will be wearing it.
    who will invariably be called Gaz, Baz or Daz

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

I agree with Mrs Toast in that at least when the douche-bags wear the tshirts, they are easier to identify.

DezB
    Free Member

who will invariably be called Gaz, Baz or Daz

phew

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

HAHAHAHA Yes or Davie-boy, or Stevie-boy or something like that.

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

Hey, what’s wrong with Baz, Gaz and Daz? they’re good friends of mine.

There’s nothing wrong with admiring the female form and advertising the fact with a humorous T-shirt.

Jamie
    Free Member

phew

…or Dez, Tez or Bez and anyone who wears a fez.

8)

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s nothing wrong with admiring the female form and advertising the fact with a humorous T-shirt.

Possibly not. That’s hardly it tho 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Or Les

Cougar

I bet that if the head of Tesco value tshirts was a woman who’d been subjected to stalking, the design would not have got through. That means something doesn’t it?

The troll in me wants to say, “yes, it means she’d be putting personal feelings in front of rational business decisions, which is why a man should be doing that job instead,” but I’d worry that someone might actually think I’m being remotely serious.

Devil’s advocates aside, I guess all it really means is that you can speculate with the best of them. You can’t seriously be making up a hypothetical situation, giving it a fictitious conclusion and then going “so that proves it then,” shirley?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Is this T-Shirt offensive?’ is closed to new replies.