Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • is this internet retailer taking the P**S?
  • grunty
    Free Member

Sent an order through yesterday monring at 0900, had to 'CHASE' to get an email confirmation this afternoon.
    The retailer is now saying that they will not dispatch the goods until the money has cleared from PayPal.

Money has left my bank account and PayPal status is showing as complete.
    What are they talking about?

Your thoughts please.

uplink
    Free Member

Has he ended up getting an echeque from you perchance?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

no, you'r just impaitient.

grunty
    Free Member

no, you'r just impaitient.

What? Having to chase to get a confimation email for my order?

Do you think there are little men in the internet typing out the confirmation emails?

DezB
    Free Member

Why not ask if anyone else has had experience with them, so you might find out if they are genuine?
    Does sound a bit crap to me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

please

IA

Name and shame, they're taking the piss. Do they actually have the item in stock, or do they need to wait for your cash so they can actually buy it to sell you?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Paypal authorisation is immediate isn't it. Thats the reason for Paypal surely like a CC – authorisation is instant – money moves with in 3 days? And no confirmation. Hmm sounds a bit fishy to me! At least PayPal can fight your corner but sounds like they want an advance on your money to then buy the stock?

BIGMAN
    Free Member

if an e cheque has been sent in error it is not instant!! I've had someone do this to me before through paypal!! Took over a week to clear!

grunty
    Free Member

All the PP integrations I have done in the past have been instant.

I have sent them an email saying that I know what I am talking about and querying whether the item is actually in stock.

Will follow this up with '3 days to despatch goods after taking payment' me thinks.

Was hoping to have these by thursday for a night ride. :o((

Skippy

I had a similar thing with a purchase, showed on my side as completed but to the recipient as pending. I called paypal to check and they said it was a security feature. The payment clears in 24 hours if there is no challenge to it.

stumpy01

Maybe he's just a small retailer who's been stung by fraudulent transactions and is erring on the side of caution?

thepodge
    Free Member

On One's system (which I believe they are upgrading very soon) doesn't always produce confirmation emails if its through Paypal. also it'll sometimes tells you or order has been processed when its been unable to withdraw any funds from your bank.

if you think you're having a hard time, just ring their office and ask how much fun it is to explain to 20 or so customers A DAY that their payment has failed or that they wont get an email but their order has been processed.

slowrider
    Free Member

ive had paypal payments take 24hrs cos its charged to the credit card rather than the bank account. echeques also take @ 4-5 days IME.

slowrider
    Free Member

oh and ive had goods arrive from crc before i got the confirmation email during busy periods. bless em!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘is this internet retailer taking the P**S?’ is closed to new replies.