Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Is this, erm, just a bit, err, lame?
  • DrP

OK, so it’s a fixie with a brooks saddle and bar tape, and has been debadged – all nice and simple, but yes, a bit niche!
    …But then I got into that ‘I pay road tax’ site, and started getting carried away, and before you know it got a bee in my bonnet about the whole subject and gone and done this…

Opinions gratefully received as I’m really not sure if it’s ‘cool’, or I’m just being a tw@!!!

DrP

Stoner
    Free Member

I own an Xtracycle so cant pass judgement on twattishness, but wouldnt it make more sense to photocopy your road fund licence for your car and put that in there?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Opinions gratefully received as I’m really not sure if it’s ‘cool’, or I’m just being a tw@!!!

DrP

If you need to ask………..

well I think you know the answer 😉

Liftman

You will get done for forgery 😯

DrP

Well, the argument is that that little disc ISN’T ‘road tax’, so really anything could go there.
    Case in point, my mate with a sherman tank (really) has a disc that says ‘sherman tank’ on it, plus the polo bluemotion has a ‘zero’ fund on it too…

But does it look ‘cool dude’, or is it so lame I should scarify myself in shame?

DrP

rs
    Free Member

well you still don’t pay road tax! The price is 0.00, so not really going to help you in an argument!

Jamie
    Free Member

The value on the disc says £0.00….so you’re still not paying any friggin’ tax!

Edit: Damn yours rs!

rs
    Free Member

def doesn’t look cool, but i’m sure the whole bike doesn’t either so it probably goes just fine with the bike 😉

DrP

Geesh….

You lot!

http://ipayroadtax.com/

DrP

Stoner
    Free Member

I can see it being all the rage on lfgss though 😉

crispedwheel
    Free Member

The value on the disc says £0.00….so you’re still not paying any friggin’ tax!

Err, do you really not know the facts about this?

EDIT: DrP – agree with the sentiment entirely, but maybe makes you look a little, hmm…

DrP

I can see it being all the rage on lfgss though

What I’m worried about!

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

Err, do you really not know the facts about this?

No. I know nothing about this, and nor do I need to in order to get furious!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I can see it being all the rage on lfgss though

Yeah, so can I. I like it actually.

Tell you what, Pij; Let’s go into business selling ’em to moremoneythansense London Fashionistas. I could easily market that here. 😀

DrP

“hmmmm” sprung to mind too!

Think I’ll give it a week, see if I get bottled, then have another think about it!

DrP

rs
    Free Member

Geesh….

You lot!

http://ipayroadtax.com/

DrP

Assuming you are a doctor and reasonably well paid, maybe you should get a sticker that says i pay more through general taxation than most people so have more right to be on the road! or something like that.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Just get rid and ride your bike.

or is it some sort of cry for help.

MrAgreeable

I like that, and Carlton Reid will probably Twitter excitedly about you, but it’s clearly far too subtle for the sort of people who say “You don’t pay road tax”.

rOcKeTdOg

Do they do one for remote control helicopters?

naffrider
    Free Member

It fine*

*as long as youre a bike messenger, wear skinnies, has facial hair, ear plug and so on 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

or is it some sort of cry for help.

Jesus Haribo Christmas. It’s just a bit of fun! 😀

I’d like one. So when some fayt narsty probably racist* cabbie starts banging on about ‘you don’t pay road tax’, I can point to it and say ‘yes I do, look!’ And point to it, before riding off leaving him utterly confuddled.

*Disgraceful generalisation, but, hey ho. 🙂

Ambrose

I think it looks ridiculous and that you are attention seeking tbh. there is no need for it, so off it should go. Mind you, I suppose you could say that about many things.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So what if he is ‘attention seeking’? What are you doing on an internet forum, if not the same thing? 😕

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

DrP – You are a top bloke and if having a tax disc makes you smile and winds up other people then do it.

I got a 69er fixie fully rigid custom Ti to be niche and wind people up and then discovered I liked it. Just do it and enjoy.

See you and family at the Big Bike Bash I hope. We are still using pictures of you in the speedos on the website.

You are right even when others disagree

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’d like one. So when some fayt narsty probably racist* cabbie starts banging on about ‘you don’t pay road tax’, I can point to it and say ‘yes I do, look!’ And point to it, before riding off leaving him utterly confuddled.

But that’s not a good idea surely, as then in future whenever he sees a bike without a tax disk on it he’ll run them off the road screaming “tax dodger scum!”

chakaping
    Free Member

I like it and I’m sure you would sell literally thousands a few of them.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

My worry is that a politician will see it and you will put bad ideas into his head.

So yes … you’re a proper ****t.

oldgit
    Free Member

I like that. That should inflame the idiots who say we should pay road tax. And I say ‘thing is if we start paying road tax, they’ll probably make motorists pay it next’

bullheart
    Free Member

Hmmm…

Probably not, eh?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Somebody has too much time on his hands. Utterly pointless, possibly twuntish.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Stoners point is the most salient. I’d have a photocopy of both my vehicles tax discs in there just so I could point out I probably pay VED than the person complaining.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

It would look stupid if it wasnt for the fact that i know how fast you ride that thing.
    So the only stupid looking thing is a fat lycra clad me on my silly money 22 geared ti road bike trying to keep up with you on a 30 lb steel fixie with a tax disc, baggies and a camelbak!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Somebody has too much time on his hands.

…says somebody with obviously enough time on his hands to waste posting idiotic comments… 😆

anotherstan
    Free Member

Ax3M4n – Member
    My worry is that a politician will see it and you will put bad ideas into his head.

So yes … you’re a proper ****t.

quality 😆

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Is this, erm, just a bit, err, lame?’ is closed to new replies.