Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is this bike horn/light legal?
  • kaesae
    Free Member
    wwaswas

sod the horn/light thing – have you seen the bike 😯

A Whyte PRST-1 has bred with a shopping bike.

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Zound-Rechargeable-Horn/dp/B000PTIJB8

nothing louder IME

This made a tractor stop for me once on a blind bend but it is far too loud to actually be practical as it will scare everyone who hears it
    Charged with air from your pump

legal, i have no idea

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Legal shmegal.

kaesae
    Free Member

A whyte prst-1 got chained outside tesco and a drunken trolley had it way with it 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No – and a duff idea to have red light on the front of a bike.

kaesae
    Free Member

I need something that will wanr people, but not terrify them!

There are a lot of old people about walking and I don’t want to scare them, best to be on the safe side.

I’ve seen those air filled horns years ago, however something small and electrical will do fine.

Anyone got any idea’s, I’m sick of shouting at people, especially on the Arthurs seat cycle way, and I broke my last bell by ringing it too much.

DrP

get yourself onto deal extreme – kit your bike out with police lights and sirens – job done….

DrP

wwaswas

I broke my last bell by ringing it too much

I always find that a cheery;

“AAAAAAArrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!! No brakes!!!! Move aside before we all die horribly in the resulting carnage!”

Works as well as a bell.

Ramblers still make a sour face at you and suggest a bell but you can’t please everyone.

bigjim

my mate has the air zound horn, first time he used it on a car the guy got out and tried to fight him!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Love the air zounds, used to ride with a chap who had one – worked a treat and when he fired it off cars would swerve away from him just as they do with car horns. Saved him on 2 occasions in the year I was riding with him but yes it did scare the living daylights out of old people and dogs.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

Love the air zounds, used to ride with a chap who had one – worked a treat and when he fired it off cars would swerve away from him just as they do with car horns. Saved him on 2 occasions in the year I was riding with him

That’s exactly what you want. It obviously has the subconscious effect of making the association with a car or big vehicle and makes the move.

bigjim – Member

my mate has the air zound horn, first time he used it on a car the guy got out and tried to fight him!

Exactly what you want!!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s street legal, but it’ll certainly worry people when I’m out on the trails. At night.

Purchased.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Bells. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 🙄

kaesae
    Free Member

Bells are too quiet, people with mp3 players on don’t hear them, you need something loud and with volume control 😉

I’ve been working on my tarzan call, however incase I have the cold or loose my voice I need plan B.

tthew

A whyte prst-1 got chained outside tesco and a drunken trolley had it way with it

You sure it wasn’t locked up outside ASDA?

slinkybike
    Free Member

“AAAAAAArrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!! No brakes!!!! Move aside before we all die horribly in the resulting carnage!”

I use to yell this coming into an intersection everyday which was after a hill and swamped with jay walker’s the canarge and funky chicken dancing was awesome.

kaesae
    Free Member

Pedestrians are mental, adults are worse these days, than children!

Plus kids are easier to beat up 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is this bike horn/light legal?’ is closed to new replies.