Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is this an ebay scam?
  • sc-xc

I listed my coffee machine earlier, did it on the crappy ipad app, and realised too late that I didn’t specify UK only.

Anyway, just got the following message:

Hi, How are you? I am interested in the item. If it is fine with you after payment I would send courier to collect
    the item from you. I hope that is ok, please let me know. Feel free to check my (100%) feedbacks – more than 95 feedbacks and all positive. Happy Holidays! cheers, Blaze

I have googled the words, and the language is very similar to scams. I would rather not sell overseas…would it be easier to cancel and relist?

Edit: the account is from the States

Suggsey
    Free Member

I think you can edit the listing and change it to just UK buyers by opting out of the automatic international postage thingy they bought in last month.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Just take it off and re-list as uk only. It sounds like a scam, if you need to ask…

iolo
    Free Member

If you think it’s a scam it probably is.
    Re list as you want it.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, scam.

sc-xc

Cheers all. Can’t seem to edit on the iPad app, so will delete and start again. I have had a couple of bids…any idea if I can contact them to explain why…or would you just add to revised item description?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Just add relisted due to time waster,

maccruiskeen

As a buyer I’ve made queries/arrangements for a courier to collect but only where the item is being offered collection only. If postage is offered why would someone (legitimately) want make their own arrangements? The tracking number from the courier you arrange being your only recourse if a buyer claims not to have receiver, if someone makes that arrangement themselves you don’t have that- you can’t even prove it was sent at all.

myti
    Free Member

Can anyone explain the courier scam? Someone asked me this on pink bike when I was selling a frame. When I said i’d be posting it myself they went quiet…

sc-xc

Done it. Now getting a stream of messages telling me I’ve been reported for accusing them of being a scammer 😀

samuri
    Free Member

The courier collects the parcel and then the scammer files a ‘no item received’ complaint and gets his money back.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is this an ebay scam?’ is closed to new replies.