Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there a Sunscreen that doesn't sting like a B****** when it gets in your eyes
  • Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

AS it sasy on the tin. All the sunsreens that I use sting like a stingy thing on a stingy day when it gets in your eyes from sweating does anyone have any recommendations.

or is it just a case of getting some Mingewipes growing a pair and MTFU'ing I mean vision is highly over rated when out on a bike.

Many thanks and awaiting the P to be taken

jam-bo

p20. alcohol based so once its on, it stays on. very water/sweat proof.

only sunscreen I've found that stops me getting burnt without lathering it on all day. I can stick this on in the morning and forget about it.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I try and avoid suncream above the nose to avoid these problems. Managed to avoid a sun burnt bonce so far.

3rock
    Free Member

2nd vote for P20, get online if your local chemist doesnt have it..

IanMunro
    Free Member

A hat

headfirst
    Free Member

plus 5 million for P20, use it all the time (in the sun) on all the family including my two blonde hair,blue eyed fair skinned daughters. Follow the instructions about putting it on and letting it dry before putting on your clothes, then you're set for the day.

Sheps
    Free Member

I live on the beach, surfed all my life. I have blonde hair and white/red skin so suncream has been an issue with me forever, the best suncream to date after years of stinging eyes in the water and MTB'ing is Ambre Solaire Kids Sun Lotion SPF 50+. I take it around the world with me, even in 40+ degree temps in tropical countries it's brilliant!

It's for babies so you can eat it if you like and rub it in your eyes yet it's extremely powerful and stays on in the water.

hora
    Free Member

Change your helmet.

This may help- I have a number 2 shaved bonce and NEVER use anything to wash my head with. The natural Lanolin (grease) seems to protect my head. I think if you wash your head regularly with products it dries out the scalp leaving you more susceptible to burns.

skidartist
    Free Member

One thing to look out for with kids suncream…. they're not all clear, I grabbed some in a hurry on my way to filmshoot once, where I'd be out in the sun for 12 hours, wasn't til I opened it up on location that I realised that it was florescent green.

Personally I wear a hat (or a helmet on the bike) so that I don't have to have suncream above the eyes, even then you can still get a bit of irritation, carrying a wee pack of wetwipes on longer days and cleaning it all off and reapplying every now and then seems to help

hora
    Free Member

Agree on cover under hat. I'd rather do that than smear suncream over my head and into the helmet pads etc.

Artillerydave
    Free Member

p20 for me to, very good stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there a Sunscreen that doesn't sting like a B****** when it gets in your eyes’ is closed to new replies.