Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is Skynet on the way?
  • matt_outandabout

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YQIMGV5vtd4[/video]

CHB

Wheres John Connor?

vinnyeh

Top comment

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.?

😆

beej

Have a look at their other vids – the aggressive manoeuvres ones are good. I’ve been sending these out at work as there is the tiniest bit of relevance to my job (innovation).

RobHilton
    Free Member

I hope so, I think armageddon will be quite excitement!

flip
    Free Member

😐 😯 😛

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I want!

Ewan
    Free Member

There is one where they demonstrate it landing on things with tiny claws and then using a little video camera 😮

I made the mistake of downloading one of their papers – many many frames of references and some lovely hard core maths.

muddy@rseguy

Sod an Ompaloompa Daddy, I want these NOW! 8)

puncturo
    Free Member

They look fun. Am I the only person who wants to swat them all with a tennis racquet?

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s a Simpsons reference…but then what isn’t?

cynic-al
    Free Member

There’s a profession called “innovation”?

beej

I am “Technology Innovation Manager”. It’s quite good fun. But also quite hard to actually get anything to market.

Generally we find new technology (or have it shown to us by R&D or suppliers), then we try and find uses for it in the real world, people in the company who’ll fund development and hopefully launch it to customers.

Part of my job involves keeping up to date with new products and tech, hence I read a lot of the news sites and blogs. When I’m telling people what we’re working on, I’ll throw in a few links to videos or stories that I like. Flying quadrotors and Lego mindstorms machines are a common theme.

IA

beej – can you say who you work for? I’m a AI researcher looking to move back into industry and it’s hard to come up with new ideas where to look for work….so ideas are welcome 🙂

Sounds like defence tho?

beej

Telecoms.

AI in telecoms? Things like Siri on the iPhone, automated call handling, automated online support. Voice biometrics? Um, self repairing/rerouting networks? Quite a few possible applications when I start thinking… Advanced data analytics and predictions. Targeted advertising.

Most/all big telcos will have R&D units. Plus lots of interesting stuff coming out of start-ups all over the place.

molgrips
    Free Member

IDEAS!

I want a job where I come in to a company, chat about their business for a bit and then come up with ideas. I’d be brilliant at it, I am always full of amazing ideas 🙂

beej

Do any of them involve quadrotors or Lego? Cos then I’d be really interested.

Quadrotors and Lego?

Has this one been posted?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d0LfkIut2M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Another +1 for Telecoms, having had a taster course on mobile and transmission networks, the are very, very complex, admittedly there is a huge jump from “clever” network to self aware but………

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is Skynet on the way?’ is closed to new replies.