• This topic has 8 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • is paypal safe?
  • jools182
    Free Member

just sold a bike and received payment through paypal

I take it that its safe to post the bike now?

is there any way the money can be taken back by the buyer?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

If they start a dispute it’ll go into limbo until it’s sorted. Most likely in their favour.
    Get it into your bank asap and change your banking/paypal details if you think the buyer will play silly beggars

nickf
    Free Member

I refuse to use Paypal for anything. Small items I’ll take or give a direct bank transfer, large items I meet and it’s cash for goods.

STATO
    Free Member

Yes its fine, if you were dishonest about the condition of the bike then yes they can start a dispute but that never really happens. Unless you think the world is full of scary people out to hurt you, in which case id stay off the internet as i hear they can get all sorts off your computer. QUCIK< RUN AWAY AND PANIC!!!

andrewh
    Free Member

Been using it for several years. Pad for lots of stuff on the classifieds from here, and been paid, ebay feedback says I’ve done 114 things on there.
    Never had a problem with it.

retro83
    Free Member

isn’t there a risk that somebody could do a chargeback with their credit card? Assume you must have some kind of comeback against it though.

MisterCrud
    Free Member

On foreign transactions, Paypal can reclaim money from your account up to 6 months after they paid you.
    I paid for something in Germany off ebay, it never turned up. No refund. No recourse. It’s a dead end if things go wrong.
    Check the seller’s feedback rating. Anything under 99.5% is suspect.

rudedog
    Free Member

Paypal rules are different if you are using outside of Ebay.

Outside of Ebay, once you’ve moved the funds you’ve recieved out of your paypal account, they can’t get the money back – even if the buyer opens a dispute.

br
    Free Member

Even a bank transfer isn’t 100% safe.

But I wouldn’t have my bank account linked to Paypal, just my CC.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘is paypal safe?’ is closed to new replies.