Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is my tubeless tyre beyond help / repair?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

My HT rear wheel took a few hefty rock dings over the weekend. The Conti Trail King BC Pro burped a bit but I finished my rides.

On inspection I seem to have a puncture wound between the knobbles whose pointy end looks to have pierced the tyres side wall “just” inside of the rim/tyre meet.

I’be wormed the knobble gash & that’s sorted.

Should I expect sealant to fix the other tiny leak? Or is it’s location always going to be an issue??

Ta

qwerty
    Free Member

I guess what I’m asking, is can I worm a sidewall?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Of course you can. Sometimes it’s a bit more fiddly, and depending on the actual position, it can sometimes affect how the bead seats, but I’ve repaired and continued to use several tyres after bead repairs like this. In fact, there’s a magic Mary on the front of my hardtail that has a bead repair right now.

Dogsby

Yep. I’ve had two worms plugging a big hole in the sidewall and it lasted for a good while.

Dogsby

smatkins1
    Free Member

I picked up a hole in my new maxxis tyre on Sat right by the bead from hitting a rock. I just took the tyre off and glued a normal puncture repair patch to the inside. I’ve done this with every tyre hole which is too big to seal. I don’t use the ‘fried egg’ shaped patches for this though, I use the other type which is usually black on one side and red on the other. For big holes I use superglue on the patch and put two layers on. I don’t like using the worms, it feels like I’m putting a bigger hole in the tyre using them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is my tubeless tyre beyond help / repair?’ is closed to new replies.