Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,885 total)
  • Is May about to call an election?
  • kimbers

15:25

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrdK9d8afc[/video]

xcracer1
    Free Member

God help us though if corbyn and clegg get in via a coalition!!!

scotroutes

Another broken promise

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Tories to win.
    Labour to take a hammering.
    Libs to win back a fair chunk of what they lost.

convert

Cheeky cheeky timing.

To do this after signing article 50, so I’m guessing brexit is inevitable, sucks balls big time. If she had done this with any honour she would have done it before article 50 was signed so the outcome and direction of the nation was genuinely on the cards.

maccruiskeen

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IEwBrJzhlg[/video]

ninfan
    Free Member

So, just to get this right… If Theresa May wins the general election, she will then have a clear mandate from the people to continue with a hard Brexit, yes?

falkirk-mark

Wee Jimmy Crankie has worn her down with her referendum and Labour are keeping Corbyn in so no-one votes for them so they won’t be in charge when the Brexit bomb fully detonates (clever on their part)

franksinatra

Tories to win.

Seems to be a logical and likely outcome

scotroutes

I thought GEs were fought on a range of issues and weren’t single issue?

Based on that logic the SNP could just declare independence tomorrow. 😆

IHN

God help us though if corbyn and clegg get in via a coalition!!!

God help us though if this is the level of knowledge of the electorate.

anagallis_arvensis

Right Corbyn, time to end the worlds longest rope a dope ploy and stop being a useless shite

Daffy

ninfan – Member
    So, just to get this right… If Theresa May wins the general election, she will then have a clear mandate from the people to continue with a hard Brexit, yes?

Pretty much sums it up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Only if she declares the exact opposite. That is how we know what she wants.

I’d expect this to be a very EU focussed election. North of the border is not worth fighting for, other areas will be very bitter. Expect some changes in traditional voting.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

rOcKeTdOg

Can we vote for England to be independent of politicians?

binners

Tories to win.

Bang on!

Also: UKIP finally put out of its misery as its vote is reduced to 2 old blokes and a woman who shouts at buses. All the UKIP votes going Tory to deliver an absolutely enormous majority. Labour reduced to 100 seats. Corbyn still refuses to resign and all the Momentum muppets elect him as leader again

theotherjonv

If Theresa May wins the general election, she will then have a clear mandate from the people to continue with a hard Brexit, yes?

No, because our PR system doesn’t reflect that.

It’s political manoeuvering of the most ***ish nature.

Daffy

Time to start campaigning for the Lib Dems.

cranberry
    Free Member

To do this after signing article 50, so I’m guessing brexit is inevitable, sucks balls big time. If she had done this with any honour she would have done it before article 50 was signed so the outcome and direction of the nation was genuinely on the cards.

Brexit
    was
    inevitable
    when
    the
    people
    voted
    for
    it.

willard

I thought GEs were fought on a range of issues and weren’t single issue?

They are supposed to be, but do you really think that will be the case now? I mean, the referendum was supposed to be about whether the EU was the best way forward for us and ended up being about those dirty foreigners coming over here and taking our jobs.

Interesting times ahead.

unklehomered
    Free Member

“Every Conservative vote will make me Stronger” or whatever she said… that was quite terrifying.

dazh

That was one of the most bitter and poisonous announcements I’ve ever seen a PM make. It’s not going to unite anyone or anything, and instead it will make the divisions worse. Not that they care of course, consolidating power is all that counts to the tories. There’s a high chance of it backfiring of course. The 48% (possibly more now?) are chomping at the bit to deliver a reaction to brexit, UKIP are in dissarray, the libdems resurgent, Ireland and Scotland out of the picture. If labour can limit their losses then there’s a middling chance of a hung parliament. And lets not forget what can happen in an 8 week campaign. May is not a natural campaigner, so there’s plenty opportunity for her to screw it up.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

so I’m guessing brevet is inevitable, sucks balls big time

We may, at least I hope, end up with some kind of credible opposition as Corbyn will get hoofed off back to the 6th form common room & the Libs will be like a very shouty little dog who you just can’t shut up.

frankconway

@mrlebowski – your last post sums it up.
    I think the result is inevitable and, if so, it might give labour the reason and opportunity to rethink who/what they are and become a credible party of opposition.
    Not long before we know.

graemecsl
    Free Member

Where are the Green Party? Now would be a time to form a coalition with the Lib dems and lead the charge based on all the green issues that leaving Europe are going to cause.

Daffy

My Guess is a total UKIP Collapse with the Conservatives taking most of the 24% of the vote which UKIP secured last time, increasing their majority.

I’d imagine the LibDems will secure between 20-40 seats, possible increasing on their best results and securing 20-30% of the popular vote. Labour to hold onto only 130-170 seats.

Conservatives 400 seats
    Labour 150ish (+/-20%)
    Libdems 30ish (+/-20%)
    SNP 55ish (+/-10%)
    others 20 seats (+/-20%)

matt_outandabout

If Theresa May wins the general election, she will then have a clear mandate from the people to continue with a hard Brexit, yes?

Nail. Head. Spot on.

It’s not going to unite anyone or anything, and instead it will make the divisions worse.

This.

spekkie
    Free Member

Any chance that during this campaign, people telling “massive great big whoppers” will get outed BEFORE the vote and not 15 mins after it finishes?

edit: it’s a rhetorical question. People will believe what it suits them to believe and make excuses afterwards 🙂

bearnecessities

400 pages.

cranberry
    Free Member

Labour finally get to unleash:

Dianne Abbot
    Lady Muck
    and the no-hopers

Bring it on!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I think the PM has only called the election to give the whiners and argument mongers on here something to twine about.

maccruiskeen

Whoever wins we’ll still have a Democracy and not a Unitary State

codybrennan
    Free Member

She had little choice.

If this came to fruition:

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/mar/15/second-tory-reveals-police-investigated-him-over-spending-allegations

….then the current govt majority of 17 would be seriously jeopardised.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Daffy – Member
    My Guess is a total UKIP Collapse with the Conservatives taking most of the 24% of the vote which UKIP secured last time, increasing their majority.

Problem is % doesn’t translate to seats. If the UKIP voters were already in Tory strongholds it doesn’t matter.

hatter

Here we have a corrupt old rat bag of a pro-Brexit backbench Tory MP and a great LD candidate in a seat that voted 2/1 to remain.

As a fully paid up Lib Dem my initial thoughts are…. Game on!

binners

Latest polling shows Labour presently 21% behind the Tory’s

They’ll be lucky to hold 100 seats

God help us! 😯

Klunk
    Free Member

makes you wonder what the economic projections are looking like for 2019 🙁

Northwind

binners – Member

Liam Fox to be fired into space

I would vote for that. Who is offering it?

imnotverygood

I just wish there was somebody I actually wanted to vote for.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,885 total)

The topic ‘Is May about to call an election?’ is closed to new replies.