Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is kashima worth its price Whats the fuss about?
  • sirtomsmith
    Free Member

i am looking to buy some fox 36 float and wondering is kashima worth paying extra for ?

what do you guys think

hh45
    Free Member

Course not! Just a marketing / hype guff. My new bike has kashima coated fork and rear shock and both work great but that is because both are still in the first 70 miles of life and anyway are very good. As were the last ones from 2006 and the ones before from 2002. Fox stuff is good but not because of kashima.

starsh78
    Free Member

but its gold!!!

Northwind

I went from a standard RP23 to a kashima one and it did make a small difference. Not convinced it’s worth the price of the upgrade though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It scratches more easily unfortunately 🙁

burnside81
    Free Member

How much of a premium does it command?
    Suppose that it would be a selling point when the time came.

enfht
    Free Member

It scratches more easily unfortunately

What, seriously ?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I have never used it but think it’s rubbish, we never had it in the past and we managed fine. 😀

Northwind

backtothetop
    Free Member

its the skf seals that are supposed to offer the real upgrade., looks good though

smell_it
    Free Member

I went on a weekends biking with a mate and a group of his work mates, and one of them told me that the kashima coating had revolutionised his riding, and he wasn’t joking. The rest of the words that came out of his mouth then just sounded like ‘blah, blah, blah, blah. But I do like the colour of it.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

kashima is just filling the pores in the anodised oxide with moly disulphide grease (that dirty black axle grease that is a few quid a tub). The gold is a pigment added at the same time and is there purely for cosmetics.

So they will scratch like any other pretty anodised stanchion, but that shouldnt affect the lubricating properties of the coating (which runs deeper into the pores).

http://www.kashima-coat.com/en/experience/whats_cashima_coat.php

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is kashima worth its price Whats the fuss about?’ is closed to new replies.