Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Is it time to fit mud tyres yet!?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

😥

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Bloody boiling in Bristol – suns out. Wales is dry ready for the Brecon beast. I run the same tyres all year. Think its more about how you ride than your tyres. Might go down to 20psi for grip on UST.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

i never took mine off!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Seems pretty boggy in the Peak already

coogan
    Free Member

I never bother to change tyres anyway, so I'll say no.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Pawsy_bear I dont know where you've been it didn't stop raining here in S.wales until lunchtime today since Thurday eve 😐

It's clear as a bell out there now and looks set to stay for tomorrow.

I did a ride up near the beast route on wednesday eve and the ground was holding up well though.

I live 12 miles from Brecon before you ask 😉

Northwind

Still got the small blocks on the back of both of mine. Notoriously sunny and dry scotland wins again :mrgreen:

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I'm hoping for an indian summer

avdave2

I left one on the front through the summer. After 3.5 hours riding in the rain today I think it can't be long before I change the back.

IdleJon

valleydaddy – Member
    Pawsy_bear I dont know where you've been it didn't stop raining here in S.wales until lunchtime today since Thurday eve

I was thinking exactly the same. It's been like living in an aquarium for the last few days here in Swansea.

I went for a walk earlier and the ground, as you'd expect after such heavy rain, is far from dry.

Maybe 'Wales' refers to the all-weather trail centres?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I had much slippage today in sunny stoke on a pair of crossmarks- they are now hanging in the garage until next year!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

no

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Ha ha well Bristols dry 🙂 yeah think the trails will be fine even with the down pours. No point in tractor tyres yet for Welsh mountains. One drop of rain and people dive for the tractor tyre prop. See you on the beast. Black mountains is my favorite trail.

sambob
    Free Member

in the Peaks, yes 🙁

MrNutt
    Free Member

no in wiltshire!

Scootash
    Free Member

Already on the singlespeed with mud tyres in Cambridgeshire. Hardtail is cleaned, serviced, lubed and put to the back of the shed.

br
    Free Member

. I run the same tyres all year

Living in the Chilterns the only way I could do that is if I ran skinny mud tyres all year, or just not ride in the wet 'months'…

So far this year I've run (on various wheels and all tubeless):
    Bontrager Mud X (F and R)
    Panaracer Trailraker (F)
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.1 (F and R)
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 (F)
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4 (F and R)
    Bontrager Jones (F)
    Maxxis Larsen TT (R)
    Maxxis Crossmark (R)
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph UST (R)
    Maxxis High Roller (R)

jahwomble
    Free Member

If it's muddy where you are, then yes. If it's not muddy where you are, then no.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Was slippy on the southern chalk on Thursday night, expecting the same tomorrow. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

naaaaa, I run slick on the rear untill the mud comes then swap to a semi slick, sideways – it's a state of mind 🙂

chubby_monk
    Free Member

About to go out in Bristol – I was expecting the trails to be a little bit nasty. mmmmm maybe I've made the wrong choice – there's still time though

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Some people 😆

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Quick update after my post 3 hrs ago. No need for mud tyres in Bristol. Claggy mud for about 7m of riding in total (around ashton court), and most of that was after the rutted bit on the bridleway at the bottom of the zig-zags

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ha ha well Bristols dry yeah think the trails will be fine even with the down pours.

Please point me in the direction of these dry trails, I rode 50 acre, LW, AC, Abbots Pool yesterday and got quite muddy.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Is it time to fit mud tyres yet!?’ is closed to new replies.