Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Is it possible to receate the Jaws beach/Brody shot on an iphone?
  • teasel
    Free Member

Heh

It took me as long to make that as it did for you to watch it.

It was never meant to be good, merely a continuation of my moka pot insistence earlier in the thread – the trashier the better, in fact.

You should really try to develop a sense of humour, chap. But then that wouldn’t really be you being yourself, would it…

DezB
    Free Member

I apologize unreservedly for my initial skepticism and negative attitude.

wuz serious??

DezB
    Free Member

and how do you receate something anyway?

jimjam
    Free Member

DezB

wuz serious??

God no.

teasel
    Free Member

I doubt it. But it’s hardly pleasant, either.

Pissy is how I’d describe his approach. Like he didn’t like being challenged or however he perceived my initial post. That bleedin’ eye roll thing conveys so much… and we all know how he likes to bicker.

🙄

See

😉

teasel
    Free Member

and how do you receate something anyway?

Not noticed that.

Pedant… 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

God or pedant? You decide.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter if it’s optical zoom, digital zoom, or just cropping and expanding/shrinking in post productio

Wrong. It does matter, it’s the angle of view change plus the change in position of the camera while maintaining the size of the subject (his face) that gives the effect. Digitally zooming or zooming in post will not give you the change of perspective, it’s just cropping. Notice how you see round the building and the shape of his face changes as the lens zooms. It’s not a dolly shot without without a dolly or motion control rig and counter zooming to maintain the subjects size while changing the lens position and perspective.

pdw
    Free Member

Did you read the rest of my post?

Changing the distance between camera and subject is what makes the background move relative to the subject and creating the effect.

You can’t do it *just* using zoom, but given a video with the distance between camera and subject changing, it doesn’t matter what kind of zoom you then use to keep the subject the same size.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Just come back from the pub after area beers on an empty stomach, can I be excused ta.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to receate the Jaws beach/Brody shot on an iphone?’ is closed to new replies.