Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Is it morally acceptable
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To watch the lions matches on stolen telly feeds on t’internet?

I ain’t got sky and ain’t gonna get it. I do want to watch the lions tho. I ain’t doing the stealing merely getting the benefit of someone else doing so. I am pretty sure it ain’t breaking the law unlike downloading / file sharing.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why ask us? It is between you and your own moral compass TJ.

Incidentally mine always points to download/steal.

MrAgreeable

In response to you’re assertion that “it ain’t breaking the law” I can assure you that it jolly well is. In fact you already seem to have adopted the appalling language and grammar of the criminal underclass.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why ask you? ‘cos I ain’t sure and I am interested in others opinions

YOu sure its breaking the law? Its not the same as downloading music.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What does Wikipedia say, TJ? You could copy and paste it in here!

😉

zarquon
    Free Member

hardly a crime compared to being a fat bloke and wearing tight lycra

tooslow
    Free Member

I ain’t doing the stealing merely getting the benefit of someone else doing so.

<devil’s advocate>
    Would you buy a stolen bike?
    </devils advocate>

woody2000

So, if someone drops a load of stolen money and I find it & spend it – is that not illegal either?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable – Member

In response to you’re assertion

Your, You’re or yore?

………..fact you already seem to have adopted the appalling language and grammar of the criminal underclass.

If I could possibly be so impolite as to suggest to you that in fact on this occasion you appear to be somewhat like the pot that referred to the kettle as black

MrAgreeable

It is most definitely breaking the law. Rupert Murdoch and his family will end up shivering in the gutter because of you. In fact you’re probably going to hell. Say hello to Hitler for me!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I would like to watch it as well. What is the link to watch it on?

MTT
    Free Member

Incidentally mine always points to download/steal.

Amen to that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Too slow – nope.

whether I watch this feed or not the feed will still be on the net.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Curtis, the link wouldn’t be anywhere special, I’d imagine if you were to look justin search engines, you’d find it.

(See what I did there?)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

edit – CFH said it better and quicker

JxL
    Free Member

technically file sharing is not illegal, although the content may be.

tooslow
    Free Member

TJ – See my edit. I’d watch it online with no qualms but I wanted to highlight a potentially dodgy argument for doing so.

grumm
    Free Member

Pretty sure it is illegal, but who cares?

Kahurangi

Go to a pub and pay for their subscription through the medium of beer.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jon – I will do that for the tests – the picture on a feed is poor – but so am I and I can’t afford that much beer

juan
    Free Member

TJ give me your paypal and I’ll send you a fiver so you can have a coke in the pub FFS

Lanesra
    Free Member

Downloading is not illegal, the uploading part is

Watching a stream is not illegal, watching through sopcast (P2P) is as you’re uploading whilst watching, though you’re never going to get caught

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Juan its not that bad ta muchly. Trouble is a few pints of beer for both of us = empty wallets and thick heads. £3 a pint here now

chvck
    Free Member

In my experience the whole thing is a bit of a grey area; films, music, software etc… definitely illegal. It all seems to be a bit vague on the area of TV episodes etc… though.

Downloading is not illegal, the uploading part is

I’m not saying that isn’t true but I’d like to see something that backs it up otherwise surely sitting on rapidshare downloading gigs upon gigs of films isn’t illegal so long as you don’t upload any?

tails
    Free Member

Jesus H just watch it TJ who gives a **** about sky. Have you ever eaten a pick’n’mix whilst still in the shop? 😉

Lanesra
    Free Member

Uploading is publishing copyrighted material, the downloading of said material would not be seen as publishing but merely theft – as long as you set your torrent client not to upload you’re ok

Junkyard
    Free Member

stealing from Murdoch if stealing was ever justifiable it is surely Ok to deprive him of some pounds?
    PS my moral compass also points to download

epicyclo

Why would you watch that stuff instead of going for a ride.

It’s obviously corrupting your morals 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Is it morally acceptable’ is closed to new replies.