• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is it me…..
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Or does anyone find the way the news has been prioritised today as pretty sickening? very sad news about Schumacher, but the fact that his story has bumped the 7/7 levels of violence and innocent death in russia is just plain sad.

I really thought the BBC would be able to get the priorities in the news correct.

done now. got my goat that did.

weare138
    Free Member

The beeb are fighting for the glamour stakes to rival sky. Their fawning coverage of the royal baby was a shocker..

mikey74
    Free Member

Unfortunately people are more interested in celebrities than world events these days.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I thought the same 33 people blown up in Russia

All very sad news I guess in any order

ampthill

Ever it was so

The Kennedy assignation over shadowed 63 deaths in a Nursing home

I swing back on forth on this. Some days it makes me angry that western news trumps bigger events outside the media circus

On the other hand why pick on the the Russian deaths. On that same day over a thousand will have died of hiv in Africa and over a hundred died in Syria in the civil war.

I based these numbers on a bit of maths and googling but they must a be about right

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Always the way sadly enough.
    How many times have you heard “hundreds/thousands die in xxx. No British involved” Next item.

jon1973
    Free Member

Sadly it seems to be representative of what people are intrested in. Huge Schumacher thread here on STW with people bickering about how much they don’t like him, but no real discussion of much else that is going on around the world.

MSP

There are plenty of political and world event discussions on STW, you would have to be pretty blind to miss them.

News organisations are failing the public, there is an apatite for “real” news but it is rarely delivered. The BBC has really gone downhill since they had their balls cut off by the Hutton enquiry and Labour, now they mainly just compete in the trivial celebrity news stakes with the tabloids and hello magazine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is it me…..’ is closed to new replies.