Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Is everyone looking forward to…
  • binners

Their months worth of rain in the next 24 hours then?

I know I am! Nothing quite lifts the human spirit of a summer morning than an Amber Flood Warning from the Met Office, as you listen to yet another torrential downpour hammering against the window

Happy days indeed!

donsimon
    Free Member

No.

bedmaker

I’m looking forward to chillaxing on Gairloch beach at 23 degrees myself this afternoon/night. 🙂
    Camping with the kiddies.

jon1973
    Free Member

Does that mean it won’t rain for the rest of July after that?

bedmaker

Hmmm… it’s there somewhere – under that spiky yellow thingy

jota180
    Free Member

Well, I do like watching heavy summer rain [from inside]
    As I have absolutely nothing to to today, that’s what I’ll do 🙂

Drac

What time did it start so I know when it’ll stop?

IHN

Oh aye, it’ll be the icing on the cake for our weekend’s camping and biking trip to the Long Mynd 😯

justatheory
    Free Member

I’m camping in The Lakes this weekend. I’m also taking a few mates who’ve never been camping before, told them it’s always sunnier in The Lakes :mrgreen:

jota180
    Free Member

There must be some redeeming aspect of camping, can’t say I’ve found it yet though

IHN

There is; bacon butties smell and taste better in the fresh air.

binners

And blow-up camping beds can be employed for a spot of white-water rafting through the flooded local village

allthepies
    Free Member

All good here on the Surrey riviera 🙂

Light rain shower forecast for about 16:00 though, should dampen down the dust a little so can’t complain.

jota180
    Free Member

We used to go camping as kids, I hated it
    Then, my brother-in-law persuaded us to go with him to the New Forest for a week, it pissed down pretty much all week, totally **** miserable waste of a week’s holiday

fadda

Saves me changing the tyres – I still have the Spesh storm’s on…

GrahamS

Woke up to another thunderstorm in the North East. Joy.
    Fortunately this one doesn’t seem to be quite as biblical as the last one. 🙂 Still had to drive through some mighty big puddles this morning though.

binners

First thunderstorm of the day rumbling away overhead now. Would it be wrong to use it as cover for an enormous guff?

ton

been slashing it down in depressing leeds since 7.15 this morning.
    i do love summer me………. 😀

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mowed the lawn and two paddocks last night plus had a BBQ with the family so boxes ticked. Went to sleep listening to thunder (but no lightening 🙁 ) which was cool – just grey and raining in Chester now.

slowjo
    Free Member

Sunny Suffolk is wet, grey and not very sunny. Nothing too bad though. If it gets totally horrific with epic amounts of rain I should be ok as I live on what passes for a ‘hill’ in these parts. Plenty of room for my mates who live down by the river though, if they need to camp! 😉

jota180
    Free Member

Their six fingered hands and feet are surely webbed though?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The south will have to wait until sunday or monday for it’s watery doom. So here’s one that was made earlier…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its so bad that in July may actually have to spend my Friday indoors on the turbo trainer …weeps whilst cursing the gods

dave360

Northern people like the rain. That’s why they live there, right?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It’s the Lord’s way of ensuring their personal hygiene.

Anna-B
    Free Member

It’s what passes at the moment for quite a nice day in S Wilts, which means no rain and kind of bright clouds….. Forecast a bit different for tomorrow, when I’m facepainting at a local carnival. Feeling glad of my newly purchased gazebo.

footflaps

Chucking it down in Cambridge, am slowly drying out after my cycle ride into work this morning…..

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Dry here is north hampshire with the possibility of a light shower this afternoon. 🙂

Stay safe people in the rain affected areas.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Meh.

Drac

Stopped raining here a few hours ago now, how do I get a refund?

timidwheeler

I want to go away this weekend. We will be camping. Is there anywhere within 300 miles of Buckinghamshire not expecting biblical rain?

justatheory
    Free Member

I’m camping in The Lakes this weekend. I’m also taking a few mates who’ve never been camping before, told them it’s always sunnier in The Lakes

I’ll be in this, while they slum it in tents 😀

alex222
    Free Member

yes

Stoner
    Free Member

just started the “Big Pack” for our 4 wks on the continent…

Unfortunately the jet stream is Sooooooo far south, I dont think we’ll even get clear of it before hitting the med 🙁

MrOvershoot

binners – Member
    First thunderstorm of the day rumbling away overhead now. Would it be wrong to use it as cover for an enormous guff?

Trump away mate 😀

donald
    Free Member

How’s that drought going down South. Are you allowed to wash the dust off your bikes yet?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Is everyone looking forward to…’ is closed to new replies.