Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • lightweight steel s/s 26er
  • dti

I have a GF 29er ss – about 25 lb.

Any suggestions for a steel s/s – about the same weight ?

asking too much?

wwaswas

building yourself or ‘off the shelf’?

budget?

Love my Kinesis Decade Versa – running singlespeed with 120mm Marz 44 Ti’s and it’s less than 25lb.

dti

off the shelf or second hand – wouldnt ride it if I built it!

myheadsashed

I’ve a Spotbrand fame which I’ll be selling at some point, makes for a light bike.

Dyffers
    Free Member

I have a large Inbred 26er frame that, with a pair of exotic carbon rigids, would easily build up sub-25lb SS. And that’s not a light frame. Could probably manage 25lb with the Fox forks that are on it at the mo.

What I’m saying is 25lb wouldn’t be much of a challenge with a few carefully chosen parts off the classifieds. For a rigid steel 26er you should see 22lb, shirley?

wwaswas

I’d choose a frame etc and get a bike shop to build it for you – you’ll get the bike you want that way and no fear about it falling apart.

sheephills
    Free Member

Singlespeed is really simple, build it yourself and maybe get a little help from mates, there is only one way of learning.
    This way you will also be able to fix your bike if it breaks down in the woods.

flashes
    Free Member

myheadsashed
    If dti isn’t interested I may be, depending on size, price, etc. My contact details are in my profile,,,,,,,,,,,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘lightweight steel s/s 26er’ is closed to new replies.