Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is Dalby open this weekend?
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Was planning on heading to Dalby on Saturday but just noticed it’s the On One Hundred event which uses part of the trails in the forest
    Does anyone know if all or part of the trail will therefore be closed to people not entered in the event?
    We have no interest in entering, just wanted to ride the red/black/wc trails

drdjpower

I have no idea, best to ring Purple Mountain when they’re open. The route for the 100 is here:

Map of route

It doesn’t look like it spends much time on the marked R/B/WC trails so my guess is that you’d be OK if you’re flexible on details.

njee20
    Free Member

Im sure it’s not, but that route map makes it look like 99% fireroad with some interesting bits near the start/finish!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

No way is that what I call 99% fireroad,

some very interesting bits out on the tops of the moors,

expect some good coats of looking at round the back of the pyramid ( Fylingdals ), rocky singletrack bits, muddy bits , VERY MUDDY bits ( Stoney Lees >> Foster Howes rigg) , Rocky Descending ( Stoney Leas >> Riverhead Fsrm )

In fact a pretty good mix of riding whcih I would imagine will have something for every one.

1 thing is for sure it won’t be like riding any trail centre

Have fun Folks

Kryton57

Next you’ll be telling me the Sun will be out (the yellow thing not the newspaper).

Keep going, I need cheering up for my first 100k…. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is Dalby open this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.