Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is Dalby forest "knackered"?
  • RICHMASON
    Free Member

Heard a rumour the other week that dalby red run was well knackered and under repair. Thinking of going on Sunday. Has anyone been recently? If so is it looking good and worth a visit?

neil853
    Free Member

i went a month or so ago and it was fine.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Dalby red is starting to get a bit of character, that's all.

I guess someone doesn't like it when it gets a bit rocky and rooty once 20 gazillion tyres have been over it. I think it makes it a bit more fun to ride. 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

it seemed OK on Saturday

How can it be knackered? – do you mean un-rideable or something?

dickydutch

Perhaps not knackered, but loads and loads of braking bumps.

dickie
    Free Member

I went on saturday & it was great! There's been improvements if anything this year on one or two sections, but on the whole I wouldn't say it was any worse this year than last year.
    You heard wrong.
    Oh, and the cafe had more caramel shortbread in which really made it worth while (don't know where they get the prices from though)

jonathan
    Free Member

Perhaps not knackered, but loads and loads of braking bumps.

Yeah – some of the bermier bits are pretty bumpy on the turn entries now, but I guess that's what you get with bermy stuff these days. Still fun to ride though.

Everything else is fine and just getting "character". A few bits that suffered badly over the winter had repairs in the spring. Can't think of any bits of the red that I avoid due to maintenance issue.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Yep, its knackered !!!! Stay away, ride down south with the southern lot. Its crap up north 8)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Was great yesterday – lovely and dry too – as MtbCol says its gaining character 😀

CHB

It's fine. Me and a mate were there on Friday (getting overtaken mainly).
    There was one section of singletrack through the woodland that had lost its smooth finish, but that just adds character.

MisterCrud
    Free Member

It's getting 'ridden in'. Please leave it as-is trail maintenance guys. Done 2 laps in the last 2 weeks, and it is perfect.

popmatik
    Free Member

It was good for me on sunday too. Lovely in fact.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bizarre… a year or so ago whenever the word 'Dalby' was mentioned on here loads of people just piped up saying it was unrideable on a hardtail and you really needed a full sus. How times change!

stumpynya12
    Free Member

I blame the single speed freaks, its never been the same since they trashed it at SSUK 2009. Several still live in the forest, they just never went home….

RICHMASON
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Roll on the Sabbeth!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is Dalby forest "knackered"?’ is closed to new replies.