Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Is Cadel Evans a winner we can believe in?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, because the previous two Tours he din’t test positive, did he? And he wooduv bin tested extensively with much more sensitive procedures than Armstrong wooduv had to undergo.

I admit it’s not looking too great for him, but I think his story is plausible. But everyone loves a pantomime villain.

And who’s to say Cuddle isn’t on something that WADA don’t yet have the means to test for yet?

See, you don’t know do you? Just spouting a lot of hot air.

How many Grand Tours have you won again?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Or did he just have better drugs and wasn’t caught.

So what’s stopping Cuddle or anyone else then?

Woody
    Free Member

See, you don’t know do you? Just spouting a lot of hot air.

How many Grand Tours have you won again? I’ve won as many as you Elf – jeez, are we back in the playground 🙄

Overturning results not successful in this case despite proof of doping.

scaredypants

Elf – it is quite funny in general, but I can’t give you these two:

No, because the previous two Tours he din’t test positive, did he?
    And he wooduv bin tested extensively with much more sensitive procedures than Armstrong wooduv had to undergo.

Nah, he was caught napping last year by a more sensitive test that the lab had just developed wasn’t he ?

I admit it’s not looking too great for him, but I think his story is plausible.

What? “my rich friend picked up some special meat for only us to eat and delivered it internationally for me but he can’t remember where he got it”
    (and what about the plasticiser? – that won’t be admissible in the court but either the beef was cling-filmed for a long while or else he’s had a transfusion)

But everyone loves a pantomime villain.

mmmMMMMWWWWWaahhhhhahaha !

aracer
    Free Member

How many Grand Tours have you won again?

12. You?

So what’s stopping Cuddle or anyone else then?

Morals?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No.

Shandy
    Free Member

The plastic is what really scuppered him.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Just to prolong the argument …

Evans a wheel sucker? After his one teammate was spent it was Evans that towed Voeckler, Basso, Cunego, F Schleck and Contador back to A Schleck on two consecutive haute cat climb stages … nobody helped him. I was gettingthe impression no-one could.

A Schleck HAD to attack Evans for any chance of gaining time on him. he didn’t gain enough, and Evans smashed him to bits in the TT anyway. he might have a squeeky voice, but his balls are those of an elephant.

The Schlecks produce anything but exciting cycling. Evans had to play it canny and pick his fights, dispite the best efforts of BMC Evans does not have the firepower of Leopard Trek to call on.

psychle
    Free Member

Amen ADH… anyone who claims Evans is a wheelsucker now obviously wasn’t watching this year’s tour, and if they were then they’re seriously deluded folk! Superb effort from Evans, he rode brilliantly throughout both tactically and strategically and when it came down to individual performance, he absolutely destroyed them.

Interestingly enough, I went to the 1994 MTB World Cup in Cairns North Queensland, was just up the road from my home town of Townsville – don’t remember seeing Cadel there but I guess I must’ve at some point!

He’s the same age as me as well, makes me feel all sad and insignificant, wasted the best years of me life I have… 😥 😳

DenDennis
    Free Member

didnt know michael jackson was that good on a bike 😆

speaker2animals

I have to fall in to the unclean camp. As an example the 2 Schlecks were totally and utterly buggered at the finish of the Alpe D’Huez stage and I’m sure Cadel was too, especially from the effort he made on Thursday. And I always knew he was a better TT rider than the Bros S but he just seemed to be totally recovered while they didn’t. I still think he would have beaten Andy in the TT but I was expecting the 1st/2nd time difference in Paris to be similar to the LeMond/Fignon classic (which I have to say this years Tour possibly came closest for interest/excitement). Even though there were only 4 Yellow jersey wearers it was SO uncertain as to who would finally end up wearing it in Paris.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I beleive Cadel is clean.

I’m not convinced that Cadel was better recovered for the TT than the Schlecks, just that he held it together better upstairs. Andy was absolutely bricking it when he went onto the ramp, Cadel had that far away/focus kind of look.

The year Sastre won it was the other way round, Cadel should have slaughtered him in the TT, but looked and rode like a bag of nerves.

The Schlecks can put in a TT which could have left it close on GC, but they do it so rarely, probably one in 5 or 10.

Loving those pictures of the MTB World Cup, he looks about 12!

Matt

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Is Cadel Evans a winner we can believe in?’ is closed to new replies.