Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 308 total)
  • Is Brant leaving Ragley etc?
  • Baldysquirt

Saw this on Twitter.

terrahawk
    Free Member

eh? Brant’s joined Take That?

geoffj

Can someone remind them its 1st August today, not 1st April

simonm
    Free Member

Wow.. the death of Ragley.. that was a short lived label then..

toys19
    Free Member

Sounds like it..

thepurist

Can’t wait for the new steel Titus 567 hardcore hardtail 😀

vinnyeh

Funny, for some reason I’d got it into my head the Ragley was owned by Brant, and not another Hotlines brand.

Does this mean “Team Ragley” will now be extolling the virtues of Titus on here?

Despite the fact that the company Brant left two years ago bears no resemblance to the professional outfit that we are today

😆 End of the shed then, eh.

steel4real
    Free Member

Maybe he’s going to retire on the proceeds from introducing Ragley’s new found headtube standard….

….OVAL !

pedalhead
    Free Member

bugger, time to stock up on Carnegies then…

steel4real
    Free Member

I guess it won’t be shedfire this time, “warehouse flood” (sale) instead !

wwaswas

the death of Ragley

People seem to forget that Ragley is a CRC brand, not a brant richards one.

In the same way that on-one, whyte etc continued after their original designers left we’ll probably find that Ragley will continue as a ‘hardcore hardtail’ brand within crc/hotlines portfolio.

What a great opportunity for Brant to rejoin Planet-X and take over an international brand like Titus – I can imagine how exciting it must be to be given a brand like that and be told ‘here you are, get on with it’. Can’t see many on here not wanting to do that sort of thing?

pedalhead
    Free Member

I suspected those Ragley forks would never actually materialise 😆

Mackem

Are titus really that well known/respected ? I only remembered about them once on-one started flogging them cheap.

wwaswas

His twitter profile could do with an update 😉

sv

Didn’t see that one coming!

robdob
    Free Member

Is that because he sees PX are doing so well and he wants his crappy, ill-thought out and poorly made tat to infect it again to divert attention from the fact that his Ragley frames are so cack they can’t even make them with round headtubes or paint that sticks on the metal?

njee20
    Free Member

Titus were pretty big in the US, but struggled in the UK because they were stupidly priced. At their prime Racer-X in the US used to be about £800 (with shipping and what not), in the UK they were getting on for £1500 – daft!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Wow.. the death of Ragley.. that was a short lived label then..

I’m sure the label will live on with a different designer. It’s a strong brand now.

Are titus really that well known/respected ? I only remembered about them once on-one started flogging them cheap.

Stateside? Yes, especially in XC circles. Been around for a good while.

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-suspensio/titus/racer-x-100/prd_364868_1526crx.aspx

Yetiman
    Free Member

Loving my Blue Pig X so far. Thankfully it hasn’t suffered from any of the quality issues mentioned in the other thread and I’m very pleased with the overall frame quality and attention to detail, plus it rides fantastically well. It’s a shame that the QC issues are blighting the reputation of what is actually a very very good frame.

geoffj

robdob, that’s very harsh.

soma_rich
    Free Member

can only be good for on-one to get him back. I would love a 29er inbred with a three finger bridge. I suppose it depends who owns the copyright on that though.

trailflow
    Free Member

Loving my Blue Pig mk1 too,absolutely faultless 😆

robdob
    Free Member

Yes it is. My experience of 3 BrantCo frames has been shocking. All have needed major filing or hitting with hammers to fix problems that basic QC or testing should have ironed out. And the attitude of the designer, actually on this website when I was trying to sell my last one was that he didn’t seem to care. He knew about the problem that was affecting the frame I was selling and said:

brant – Member
    I really must do something about that chainstay clearance, oh I forgot, I am

So he knew it was a problem but sold all the frames full price nevertheless.
    No company he designs for will ever get my money now.
    I’ve just restored a 1992 steel GT (with a U-brake!) that was better made.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Brant you will never get a penny of me mate,

richc
    Free Member

QC and process management don’t seem to be his strong point, so I guess now he’s done the designing bit if they get in some manufacturing engineers to get the processes in place to ensure the quality is there, that can’t be a bad thing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Titus do a carbon full susser that’s £900 on On-One’s website. That’s fantastic.

Now, if only I could find someone who doesn’t need their kidneys….

I personally woon’t buy a Brant Richards designed bike cos they’re aesthetically gash, but that’s just me, and I know loads of others without any sense of aesthetics, taste or style who love them. 🙂

Pieeater
    Free Member

Good luck Brant
    Each to their own – for VFM On One beats the pants off anyone else and for me the geo of many of their bikes fits me and my riding needs. 🙂

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Oh no, everyone has just bought a ragley as well. Now everyone will see them for what they are just like on ones once brant left the first time.

mike_p
    Free Member

No company he designs for will ever get my money now.

+1

toppers3933
    Free Member

my td:1 is ace. and very well made from what i can see. had one problem with the drive side dropout when i got it which hotlines sorted in a couple of day. cant argue with that.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

love my 456, had nothing but good experience with brant in the past, I just hope he sorts out that crazy steep geometry on those titus frames….

finbar
    Free Member

Oh good, another reason not to shop at Planet X ever again. For info #1 was getting bizarrely dicked around by Dave regarding an item i was selling on eBay, and #2 being some shocking customer service about a first gen Pompino i bought with the world’s worst chainline.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve never been a fan of on one or ragley bikes but I am looking forward to seeing what Brant does with a predominantly FS orientated range of bikes. I hope to see new designs with a different slant and wish him all the luck in the world. Titus is a well respected brand so it could be very interesting. Just dont **** up the QC!!!!!

allthepies
    Free Member

Does this mean an end to XC geom frames from On-One ? Was after a carbon Lurcher when/if they ever arrive. Don’t want some long travel “only to be ridden in Hebden Bridge” type bike 🙂

vinnyeh

Stevo, Brant’s stand in needs a new job after being outed.

outed or ousted?

But seriously, did they give him the boot then? If you’re going to imply something like that on here then I’d make it clear what you’re saying if I were you, else it’s a bit unfair.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

looking forward to seeing what Brant does with a predominantly FS orientated range of bikes

Expect chainsuck, oddly placed cable guides and slow supply becasue he forgot to order them.

vinnyeh

Expect chainsuck, oddly placed cable guides and slow supply becasue he forgot to order them.

It’s unlikely the paint can get any worse than on my old Motolite though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Papa_Lazarou – Member
    Oh no, everyone has just bought a ragley as well. Now everyone will buy whatever new development he tells us we need next year and see them for what they are just like on ones once brant left the first time.

hilldodger
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

looking forward to seeing what Brant does with a predominantly FS orientated range of bikes

Don’t forget the ‘comedy’ name for the frameset 🙄

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

WGAS

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 308 total)

The topic ‘Is Brant leaving Ragley etc?’ is closed to new replies.