Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Is anyone still on the iDave diet?
  • greasystain
    Free Member

I’m trying to lose a few pounds (18) in 2011,so I’ve been following the iDave diet.

Is anyone else still doing the same?

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s a lifestyle not a diet, so to a greater or lesser degree yes.

IanMunro
    Free Member

No, but I made this earlier in the week.
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3949/toulouse-sausage-and-butter-bean-casserole
    Simple, tasted great, and I would imagine is iDave diet compatible (though haven’t seen it so can’t say for certain)

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep, I’m now 8st. This is me:

greasystain
    Free Member

Yes – I’ve realise that it’s a long term thing since starting 3 weeks ago. I have to say that doesn’t upset me at all. I’m loving the food. Not even missing cheese! Could do with some more recipes though – must read through some old posts.

That sausage casserole looks good.

iDave
    Free Member

i’m working on an enhanced version

stay tuned

iDave
    Free Member

Molgrips – that photo is what calorie restrictive high carb’ diets achieve (and pharmacology, allegedly) Low GI diets don’t have that effect. Too much protein for that degree of lean tissue loss. But then you knew that 😉

cozz
    Free Member

I am but slipped at christmas of course

still lost 10 kg since OCT

but sometimes having porridge for breakfast on the odd day

missed few trips to the gym recently due to flu etc
    hoping for continued results once I start riding more

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes iDave I did know that, I was being facetious 🙂

I’m not sure I could follow the iDave diet, personally…

Anyway, I haven’t exercise since the beginning of December, and since finishing work at Christmas I’ve lost about 3kg. Some muscle no doubt but definitely fat too. I think background stress and misery cause me to either eat more or store more fat. I’ve certainly eaten plenty.

greasystain
    Free Member

enhanced version

Sounds interesting. Enhanced in what way?

molgrips
    Free Member

It includes as much cake as you can eat. The weight loss comes from these special pills.

greasystain
    Free Member

I went for a fairly strenuous ride this morning before work and came back with a definite wiff of ammonia on me. I’m guessing it’s something to do with being on this diet. Is it something to worry about though?

Cheers,

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

iDave could you e-mail me a copy! I had one before but have lost it. Thanks.

donsimon
    Free Member

iDave who?

iDave
    Free Member

iDunno

Jamie
    Free Member

iDave:
    i’m working on an enhanced version

stay tuned

*coughs impatiently*

Woody
    Free Member

Back on the similar one for a week now. Good thing is that I only put on 7lbs after being a total gannet with little exercise for the past 2 months.

Fully expect to be back under 15 stone by end of next week 😉

iDave
    Free Member

2 points

main complaints I’ve heard are, a) don’t know what to have for breakfast b) the diet lacks variety

re breakfast, you have to shift mindset about what breakfast should be like. cereal oriented breakfasts are a marketing invention. is sausage bacon and egg an ok breakfast? what if it’s a beef sausage? what if it’s a lamb sausage? what if it’s a small steak then? see my drift? breakfast is food that you eat in the morning. that’s all. no one says it has to be cereal. except kellogs marketing people.

re variety. few people have much variation in their diet. they think they do, but the reality is they don’t. the guy who raised this issue has two slices of toast every single morning and has done for as long as he can remember. In reality this diet offers huge variety

today
    breakfast was salmon, poached egg, spinach
    lunch was a graze box (anyone want some voucher codes?)
    dinner brocoli, broadbean/parsnip/garlic mash, steak

snacks: nuts

hardly boring food.

Luminous
    Free Member

iDave.

Have you been playing in the dark ?….

iDave
    Free Member

thr evening – garden test V impressive! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

@ Dave

Write it up and use some bullet points. I just cannot follow anything otherwise 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

some vegetarian ideas would be well received. 😀

iDave
    Free Member

i don’t do veggie

phinbob

iDave, I’d really like a copy of your plan, I’ve got about 5kg to shift, but it’s that last bit that’s always the hardest….email is in profile.

Cheers

(nearly) phinbob

Luminous
    Free Member

V impressive

Likewise 😉 re; the eating/feeding advise.

The beans have been interesting and when I have employment, I find them good for transport to work, along with soups, etc.

However, recently I have been doing lentils as they are so easy, 20-30 mins and I’ve loads of lentils with bacon and stuff.
    Very tasty, very filling and I sometimes curry them up with the help of Mr Schwartz.

Tried this ?.
    2 Tbl spn low salt soy sauce.
    2 tbl spn of rice vinegar
    1/4 tsp of mustard powder – Optional
    1 tbl spn of grapeseed oil
    1 tbl spn of sesame oil

Whisk or shake it up in a jar, and add in 2 tbl spn of water if you wish.

Luminous
    Free Member

some vegetarian ideas would be well received

May I respectfully suggest that once you get a copy of the original guidance. Its likely you will see what you would eat and what you wouldn’t.
    Just exercise your meat filter, and get stuck into the rest, if you can’t eat meat.
    🙂

Everyone I know looks at the guidance and finds something that they won’t eat, but tbh, that will always happen.

IME, most people appear fall into two categories.

Those who seem to look for items (reasons) they say they can’t eat this way.

And those who just filter out the things that they are willing to give a go.

I found myself in the later category. I’ve tried to understand the principals and then just gone with the advise and then tried to expand the choice.

As in the original guidance, just give it three weeks. Then you can resume normal service if you really need to.
    😀

snakebite
    Free Member

Thursday night is luminous night… I think I have around 2900 lumens at the mo…if I stop moving, i start smoking.

7.30. u know where!

Luminous
    Free Member

I think I have around 2900 lumens at the mo…if I stop moving, i start smoking.

😯

Is that you that starts to smoke of the world in your immediate vacinity ?.

snakebite
    Free Member

yes

Luminous
    Free Member

😆

steve-g
    Free Member

I’m back on it rather than still on it.

I lost a bit to start, then I sort of half lived on the diet for a bit and plateaued out, put on a bit over xmas so now I’m back on it properly.

I have a few questions…is popcorn diet compatible? Is soya milk diet compatible? and can it be good for me to drink this much red wine?

Luminous
    Free Member

I have a few questions…is popcorn diet compatible? Is soya milk diet compatible? and can it be good for me to drink this much red wine?

I can’t resist, I’m gonna give this a go.

Popcorn ?, the Evilweb says popcorn is high GI, so thats a no.

Soya milk, Evilweb says low GI (puzzled as its sweetened with apple juice).

I thunk it was one glass of red with your meal.
    (but like who can stop at one 😳 )

iDave
    Free Member

I rarely stop at one

MrOvershoot

iDave – Member

you have to shift mindset about what breakfast should be like. cereal oriented breakfasts are a marketing invention. is sausage bacon and egg an ok breakfast? what if it’s a beef sausage? what if it’s a lamb sausage? what if it’s a small steak then? see my drift? breakfast is food that you eat in the morning. that’s all. no one says it has to be cereal. except kellogs marketing people.
    Spot on Dave, but I was in a meeting where we told Kellogs to go F themselves for that price 😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone still on the iDave diet?’ is closed to new replies.