Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IRC Mythos Tyres – Anyone rate them ?
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Hate starting tyre threads but has anybody used a set of these ? Had my first spin on a set I picked up off here but didn't feel too confident compared to the old Mudmads I was running previously… Is it just me being a bit nervous or do others criticise them too ???

Hairychested
    Free Member

I never used to like them until I fitted them onto some wide rims. They feel fine now.

D0NK

I like em, fronts good all rounder i reckon, rear not as good, too narrow for normal use, but i used it for HTN bogfest when i didnt have any mud tyres and it did well. Oh I got the big brother too, trail bear really good tyre. Sticky minions for ragging it in summer, TB for rest of year.

nuke

Had a set of Mythos II that came with a complete bike…iirc they were fairly fast and light but I found the front scary when corning particularly if it was loose material like a bit of gravel.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mythos XC were one of the most widely used and worst rated tyres in history were they not?

IA

Mudmads and mythos? 1998 called, they want their tyres back.

Ifrider
    Free Member

That's me !!! – a true retrobiker 😆

avdave2

Still got a pair from 1998. I always found them pretty good on the East Peak. Pretty narrow but I moved from rigid to full sus and most tyres were pretty narrow at the time so I didn't notice any lack of cushioning. I would rate them higher than the Fire XC's I use in the summer as an all round tyre.

Saccades
    Free Member

They are completely different tyre types too…

I hated mythos, only good for when it's bone dry (so usless in ireland), I'm still running mudmad on my tubed bike (i have 1 spare left) which are great for me on all except wet rock/tarmac.

Something comparable to the mudmads would be a trailraker (although it's not as good in the mud, it's a bit better on the rocks).

andrewh
    Free Member

Loved them, used to use them a lot.

If you find anywhere selling the kevlar/folding ones, particualy rears, please tell.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IRC Mythos Tyres – Anyone rate them ?’ is closed to new replies.