Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Iphone Unlocking Question
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I currently have an Iphone 3GS which was originally locked to Vodaphone. The mate who I got it off had it unlocked and I am now using it successfully on Tmobile.
    My question is-is the phone now locked to Tmobile (by virtue of me putting my SIM in it) or if I sell it on will it work on any network?
    Cheers
    Steve

thered

Apparently it is locked to the relevant network when the sim is inserted, if you get in touch with T-Mobile then they should let you unlock as they didn’t sell you the phone and you are probably out of contract

jam-bo

if its unlocked, it should stay unlocked.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Cheers
    for the replies but they conflict somewhat!!!
    Anyone else know?
    Cheers
    Steve

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Should stay unlocked forever once it has been done once. However if you do a factory reset it would re-lock it.

makkag
    Free Member

thrice votes for now permanently carrier unblocked

Cougar

Unless the iPhone does something odd, a phone is either SIM-locked or it isn’t. If it’s been unlocked from Voda, it’s unlocked and will stay that way.

That said, I wouldn’t be totally shocked if Apple did something unconventionally fruity with it. Can’t you drop your mate’s SIM back it to test it?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Depends on how it was unlocked. If it was done via Apple then it will stay unlocked forever. If it was done by some shady market stall then chances are it’ll relock each time iTunes is updated.

cp

When I had mine unlocked I tried it with several different sim cards and they all worked, so I’m going with “it’ll stay unlocked”…

fatgit
    Free Member

Cheers all
    It was unlocked through Vodaphone so hopefully all will be well.
    Steve

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Iphone Unlocking Question’ is closed to new replies.