Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Iphone 6 battery issues…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Battery life on my iPhone 6 is all over the place. When charging seems to be unusually fast and sometimes in 3% increments. Battery will sometimes drop by 10 or 20%.

Anyone experienced similar or know what’s happening? Is the battery just shot?

lerk
    Free Member

I’ve noticed some weirdness recently… I wondered if it might have been software related.

Drac

I had that with my 5 they replaced the battery free of charge long after it was out of the warranty. Can’t say i’ve had nay issues with my 6 or 6+, pop into Apple.

Sandwich

Facebook App is causing some battery life problems plus there are some instances of weirdness with the OS. Hopefully 9.1 will make things better. Are you using a battery charging app to control charging? The apps have a trickle charge facility to do a full charge and they recommend a charge from under 20% capacity once a month.

Inbred456
    Free Member

I find that turning on Wifi calling really hammers the battery on mine. Mine will last two days most of the time.

loddrik
    Free Member

Sitting in apple store waiting to see someone now. Definitely more than just background settings. Went from 57% to 16% instantly this morning.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP sounds like a dodgy battery as thats what my 4S used to do. Your 6 seems a bit new to be suffering such a fate but when they do the test you’ll know and I would imagine you’ll get a replacement FOC. Mine is about a year old (got is ASAP) and no issues at all and it’s used a lot

just5minutes
    Free Member

check if Wifi Assist is turned on – it was enabled by default in the ios9 upgrade and will happily sit there slurping on cellular data when the user thinks the phone is using wifi

loddrik
    Free Member

So, the phone was 11 days out of warranty, I was not the original purchaser, they couldn’t see any massive battery deterioration after doing some tests but they gave me a brand new iPhone.

Gotta love Apple!

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve found that 9.0.2 kept updating the weather app and killing my battery for some reason, blocked its GPS access now it’s back to normal.

Sandwich

So, the phone was 11 days out of warranty, I was not the original purchaser, they couldn’t see any massive battery deterioration after doing some tests but they gave me a brand new iPhone.

That’s a great result. (Possibly Sale of Goods Act applied which would be up to 6 years for a fault).

Drac

Yup that’s what they’re good at customer service.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Some say that Steve Jobs early death was a metaphor for the battery life of Apple products.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP that’s a result !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 6 battery issues…’ is closed to new replies.